• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    On my third MK series pistol (not because they break, but because I'm an adict). I agree with Clandestine, its near impossible to explain. The one tip I can provide is to use the safety to hold the sear and sear spring in position while installing the hammer. That's the hardest part of assembly in my opinion, but once you know to use the safety as a third hand, it becomes very easy.

booker

Apr 5, 2008
    Baltimore
    FYI, theres no need to strip down the frame to parts.

Agreed. I've fired approx 4500 rounds through my Mark III and never even field stripped it.

Usually just blast it with some Gun Scrubber and/or Hoppes to get the big stuff out, use a swab or small brush to agitate the chamber/bolt face, and a few strokes with a snake for the bore. Hit it with Ballistol or Rem Oil and put it away. It has only failed twice, once with some 20+ year old ammo that didn't initiate, and once with a Winchester Bulk round with a loose projectile that failed to feed.

Regarding your (the OP) issue... set aside an hour or two, read the manual and then watch a bunch of YT videos on the subject. Then separate out the parts and identify what each one is, and what group it belongs to. Ensure you have all the parts. From there, get yourself a cool drink (non-alcoholic of course) and build it up slowly. Function check before firing. You'll be fine. Be safe.

venomcannon13

May 25, 2011
    Bel Air, MD

Attachments

• 2012-07-24_17-13-34_451.jpg
      2012-07-24_17-13-34_451.jpg
      58.1 KB · Views: 82

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members