• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    The laser on the Bodyguard is garbage, as said above. However, I have fairly large size hands, and I find all the controls on the Bodyguard completely usable, which is surprising considering its size. On what other DAO pocket guns do you find a slide lock and a manual 1911-style safety? That you can actually deactivate without struggling?

I think they're pretty decent in terms of handling and manual of arms. I have NEVER fired one, however these guns are designed for "holy sh*t this guy is trying to stab me OW OW OW OW" type distances, so I don't really care about accuracy. As long as it works and puts bullets into tissue it's ok in my book.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Minuteman said:
    The Kahr really is that small and that much better; unfortunately it's much more expensive than the competitors.

I read that the .45ACP is a brute to shoot; no?

I was surprised at the lack of muzzle flip; the .45 doubles really well. I put Trijicon night sights on it and really couldn't be happier.

My thinking was the laser on the LCP would be good because of the non-existant sights and the nature of its use.

Ppat

Jun 2, 2012
    I havent shot the s&w but i have shot the ruger and i am not a fan of the trigger. The s&w looks like it has alot of clutter, ive never held one before so maybe it doesnt feel cluttered... If i were to pocket carry a pistol i would want it as snag proof as possible

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    The laser on the Bodyguard is garbage, as said above. However, I have fairly large size hands, and I find all the controls on the Bodyguard completely usable, which is surprising considering its size. On what other DAO pocket guns do you find a slide lock and a manual 1911-style safety? That you can actually deactivate without struggling?

...unless you're left-handed. :envy:

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    As a side note, the Ruger LCP with Crimson Trace laser is a hard find, locally. Not only does my usual store not have them, their vendor can't get them.

I looked up the model ("LCP-TC") on Bud's to get a price with the possibility of ordering from an internet vendor (I prefer to buy local, but none are available.) Their price is good ($423) but you have to join "Bud's VIP" program ($24.95) before they'll sell you one.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    BenL said:
    As a side note, the Ruger LCP with Crimson Trace laser is a hard find, locally. Not only does my usual store not have them, their vendor can't get them.

I looked up the model ("LCP-TC") on Bud's to get a price with the possibility of ordering from an internet vendor (I prefer to buy local, but none are available.) Their price is good ($423) but you have to join "Bud's VIP" program ($24.95) before they'll sell you one.

Buy the CT separately and install. So easy a caveman could do it. :D

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Mark392001 said:
    Buy the CT separately and install. So easy a caveman could do it. :D

That's EXACTLY what I'm doing. I've found an LCP locally and am going to determine if I even need a laser, then if so, I'll pick one up. It costs more, but I don't feel like waiting and hoping one pops up.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    BenL said:
    That's EXACTLY what I'm doing. I've found an LCP locally and am going to determine if I even need a laser, then if so, I'll pick one up. It costs more, but I don't feel like waiting and hoping one pops up.

Buy the CT on Amazon, it's a good price there. The laser is helpful on that gun, the sights (if you can call them that) really do suck. One option too is to paint the front ramp white to improve clarity.

Ppat

Jun 2, 2012
    Buy the CT on Amazon, it's a good price there. The laser is helpful on that gun, the sights (if you can call them that) really do suck. One option too is to paint the front ramp white to improve clarity.

+1 on amazon...

im 6'4 240lbs, so the size difference between the ruger/s&w and say my walther PPS (my EDC when i get my permit) isnt that big of a deal when concealed. I hated the LCP when i shot it... Especially the trigger... Id rather sacrifice the smaller size of the LCP to be able to shoot well with a slightly larger gun... I dunno thats just me... I do understand that im not everyone... And the LCP is a very very popular pistol. The s&w seems to have too much clutter for such a small gun.

Has anyone shot the Beretta Nano?

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Has anyone shot the Beretta Nano?

Yes, a LOT. My main gripe with the Nano is that if you have a FTE, there is no manual slide lock/slide stop. You have to hold the slide to the rear with one hand while trying to pry the mag out, or just use superhuman strength to pull the mag then clear the chamber.

Basically these kinds of guns are backup pistols... if you run into a malfunction you're pretty much F'd without a ton of training for that. A full-size combat pistol is much easier to deal with if you encounter a malfunction.

However the Nano is made locally, right here in Accokeek, MD... :innocent0

Ppat

Jun 2, 2012
    Is beretta really saving that much weight by eliminating the slide stop? I understand not having one reduces the chance of snagging something while pocket carrying... If the lcp and bodyguard could fit them in i dont see why the nano couldnt.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    The Bodyguard is great for large hands. I don't own one, but own an identically-sized plastic airsoft copy of one here in Korea. It really fits my hand well!

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    It is no secret that I have carried BUGs for more than 25 years... I can say this about the LCP... BAR NONE, it is the most comfortable BUG that I have ever carried. With the CT Laser, it is very comfortable in a pocket, boot or waste band. And as for the question of sights and lasers on a small pistol... Once you get the laser sighted in properly... and learn to use it instead of the very small sights on the LCP... The placement of your shot in a SHTF situation is going to be MUCH more accurate than just point and shoot or trying to use those small sights. Even at a considerable distance the round is going to go where the red dot is. THAT is a much more comforting thought than the uncertainty of using the sights supplied by the manufacturer on ANY of the BUGs. I find that the Pro-Mag magazines ($14.00) have the better extension on the base of the magazine. And the centimeter of difference in the length of that magazine is never going to make THAT much difference in the concealment of that pistol.

I parted company with S+W many years ago due to a difference of opinion on the rights of the American Citizen... and their buying into the whole "SAFE GUN" ideals of the libtard left. I know they say that the company is under a new managing direction... Well the way I see it is that it is the same as a cheating spouse... Once they do it... I can never trust them not to do it again. They have shown their propensity to waffle under political pressure. :mad54:

As for the Kahr? I have actually seen their product fall apart (as in... pieces fell OFF of it) at the range between shots as the BPD was testing them as a possible "approved BUG" for Off Duty carry. Needless to say, it was NOT approved.

If you are concerned with cost factor... buy the KelTec P3AT... It only differs a small amount from the LCP. One difference is that there is no lock back feature on the slide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom