• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Omnipotent

Semper Fi
    Jan 10, 2013
    MoCo
    Well as the title says this is looking like my next purchase. Always wanted a wheel gun and now is the time. I've done some searching and found several threads that were a bit dated but just wanted to triple check......

Everyone that has one still love it? Anything else you would want instead? I'm looking at the 6in SS. Used or new doesn't matter to me, so tell me what you think. Also, I assume most fire .38 through it for practice or fun, any issues/concerns here?

Thanks

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Easily one of the best SA/DA revolvers you can buy new. Trigger not as good as S&W out of the box but the gun is built like a tank. Sexy as hell with the old-style polymer grips with wood inserts. I'm on a waiting list for one at my LGS .

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I've had my 6" SS for almost 20 years. great gun. Had it out last weekend shooting clay targets out at 50 yards.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I prefer the older grips with the Rosewood insets to the Hogues, but otherwise I just flat love mine.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I have a 4" stainless and really wish I'd grabbed a 6" blued when they were plentiful on the used market a few years ago.

atom33

Worker Drone - 7G
    Dec 7, 2008
    AmerikaTown
    Easily one of the best SA/DA revolvers you can buy new. Trigger not as good as S&W out of the box but the gun is built like a tank. Sexy as hell with the old-style polymer grips with wood inserts. I'm on a waiting list for one at my LGS .

Can the gp100 trigger be improved? If so, what would be involved? Thanks

Spatha

Sep 17, 2011
    AA County
    Can the gp100 trigger be improved? If so, what would be involved? Thanks

Shooting it. My GP100 is stock and the trigger is smoother than my 625 or my friends model 10. I have around 3000 rounds through it. If, after a decent round count, you still want more out of the trigger wolff springs may help.

I'm a big fan of this pistol. I do agree that the old style grips are better looking and feel pretty good when you pick them up. I have found though that I shoot better faster more with the hogue grips. Come to think of it - if I have time before October I may need to get another one.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    The longer 6 gives lower muzzle flip due to the mass out at the end. Longer sight radius too. I really don't see the point of 'little' 357mags:)

Intercooler

Jun 10, 2012
    Or get the 5"! My trigger has improved over-time but was always pretty decent. In SA it's about a 4lb. pull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom