• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    It was calling my name before too but it's super hard to locate from lots of distributors.

I would have taken the Ruger American Ranch in 5.56 too but that's no where to be seen either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gun Connection had one of the 5.56 on the shelf as of 3pm today.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    The American 300 BLK is really calling my name.

OH BOY I just found one online after looking locally since you posted this and purchased it.

You mean this ;) ...

84ca781ba6b5c96ce39136169811f24b.jpg

Ordered it online a week back. There are reports of mag feeding problems. I ordered a couple extras from Grabagun just in case.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Not yet. Traveling some so had the LGS keep it and order a scope for it. Hopefully will have it tested and sighted in by mid-April.

Also got a brake for it (not sure it needs it, but am building a 300 BLK AR that I can move it on in the future).

Need to do my trust thing so I can get a suppressor (after NFA paperwork too) in the future.

But now thinking of getting the Ruger American Rimfire as a complement. Cheaper ammo.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Not yet. Traveling some so had the LGS keep it and order a scope for it. Hopefully will have it tested and sighted in by mid-April.

Also got a brake for it from PSA (not sure it needs it, but am building a 300 BLK AR that I can move it on in the future).

I have an AR already in 300blk and an extra 51t AAC break for my silencer. Reading about the mag issues now. It's a shame they didn't make this gun to take AR mags.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    AR mags would be nice. Will see if the mags that I've ordered (not arrived yet) have feeding issues. Guy on YouTube showed that after pushing out rounds in some mags, the subsequent bullets didn't even push up. Looks like a weak spring or unsmooth loading path.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    AR mags would be nice. Will see if the mags that I've ordered (not arrived yet) have feeding issues. Guy on YouTube showed that after pushing out rounds in some mags, the subsequent bullets didn't even push up. Looks like a weak spring or unsmooth loading path.

Could be why they're so hard to find right now. Ruger might be working on a fix.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    My comment is about 22's in general...

I've had a couple of "nice" 22's from very good manufactures...

In my experience 22's, using standard cheap ammo are accurate at 75 yards or less...

The groups tend to open up from 2" to 3" at 100 yards...

The other limitation of 22's is the wind...

22's are easily blown off course on a lot of "normal" days...

If accuracy is your goal or it is important to you, I would strongly buying your rifle in 22WMR...

Higher speed with heavier projectiles = better accuracy...

I got rid of my 22's for those very reason...

Good luck with what ever you buy...

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    So is it true that on any AR platform that shoots .223/5.56 that all you have to change is the barrel to shoot 300 blackout?

That's what it sounds like to me. If not, feel free to school me.

Scarab

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    So is it true that on any AR platform that shoots .223/5.56 that all you have to change is the barrel to shoot 300 blackout?

That's what it sounds like to me. If not, feel free to school me.

Scarab

The only difference is the barrel and the flash hider, everything else is the same as a 5.56 AR, including the magazine

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom