• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I'm more intrigued by the variety of chamberings and mags that they are and will be rolling out with. Seems to be a solid move away from proprietary mags and to AICS and AR mags with this iteration. Looks like they finally came to the conclusion that cross platform compatibility is a good thing.

Last edited:

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Good looking rifles. The original versions were very effective, and well received in the hunting community. I got the Predator version, and immediately disliked a few things that it looks like they’ve corrected. The Gen1 stock is absolute flimsy garbage and every one I’ve ever seen or heard reviews on were contacting the barrels on the forearm on the left side. First thing I did was replace the stock with a Boyd’s. These stocks look different, and hopefully they’ve free-floated properly and they’re not too flexy.

Second thing I don’t like is the bolt handle, too small and too smooth. Looks like they fixed that too, plus they’ve made it replaceable.

Third, they’ve made the comb adjustable. No rifle in this day and age should not have this feature.

I hope this generation rifle has the same success as the previous generation. Ruger has been doing some good things for a few years.

Last edited:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    1000044235.jpg

Why helloooo there

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead

Who Tee Who did a brief tabletop review on this new model. He is a known huge fan of the Ruger American platform. He’ll do a range video shortly, if he stays true to form.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Curious to see how the Gen II trigger and bolt smoothness is compared to my Tikka T3x.
    TBH, the gen1 trigger is fine. The problem is the barrel, which, in my experience, is like 1.5 MOA and tends to have PoI shifts with heavier cans. It's not a particularly light rifle out of the box, but a heavier profile barrel would have helped my gun a fair bit. (And, yes, it can be swapped with a bit of effort.)

C&RTactical

Jul 24, 2013
    TBH, the gen1 trigger is fine. The problem is the barrel, which, in my experience, is like 1.5 MOA and tends to have PoI shifts with heavier cans. It's not a particularly light rifle out of the box, but a heavier profile barrel would have helped my gun a fair bit. (And, yes, it can be swapped with a bit of effort.)
    There was just a bit of grit and stiffness I remember trying a Gen 1 predator trigger that I didn't like after I tried the Tikka trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom