• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Welder84

Aug 16, 2016
    Central Maryland
    Hi,
    I have a Mark 3 and was hoping to convert to a Mark 4 bolt.

1). Has anyone here tried using the mark 4 bolt on a Mark 3?
    2). If the Mark 4 bolt can be used, does that allow for push button takedown?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    It’s the frame that is different, and how the serialized upper receiver attaches to the the unserialized frame.

This kit is the best you can do to my knowledge. I have not used it but heard about these kits.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    My phones not letting me post the link but Google mark III disassembly kit and it replaces the pin with a screw

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Hi,
    I have a Mark 3 and was hoping to convert to a Mark 4 bolt.

1). Has anyone here tried using the mark 4 bolt on a Mark 3?
    2). If the Mark 4 bolt can be used, does that allow for push button takedown?
    What exactly are you trying to accomplish here? I have a MkIII 22/45 and a MkIV 22/45. The bolts are essentially the same, and are backwards and forwards compatible. There is no advantage to using a MkIV bolt in your gun.

However, there is nothing you're going to be able to do to turn a MkIII into push-button take-down. Even if you sourced a MkIV bolt (easy/cheap) and MkIV grip (hard/expensive), the MkIII upper (the serialized bit) is not going to fit on a MkIV grip properly.

I have one of the MkIII "use a screw for take-down" kits, and it's just not that great. If you're using a non-22/45 MkIII, the hammer strut support might be a better choice.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Probably one of those things where it's cheaper and guaranteed to work selling the MK3 and buying a MK4 vs trying to turn a MK3 into a MK4

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    The pain in the MKIII is taking it down for cleaning and the darn spring/lever thingie from the back of the pistol grip.
    Wasn't there an upgrade to make that easier like the MKIV?

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Here we go formerly sold by majestic arms.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD

Majestic Arms is long out of business, and the kit prevents you from installing all the VQ parts in your gun. I'd much rather have a VQ kit in my gun and deal with the slightly annoying reassembly process, personally, and that is the decision I made for my own MkIII 22/45.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo

That's it.
    I"m fine w/ not being able to use the VQ parts. Wife's gun and want to make it easier to pull apart.
    Now that I read it, her mags have the issue with dragging mags when pulling them out.

Welder84

Aug 16, 2016
    Central Maryland
    Majestic Arms is long out of business, and the kit prevents you from installing all the VQ parts in your gun. I'd much rather have a VQ kit in my gun and deal with the slightly annoying reassembly process, personally, and that is the decision I made for my own MkIII 22/45.
    Thanks for the info

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom