• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Salty Dog

Ultimate Member
    Nov 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    That is a great looking set-up shown in your photo. Is that your 10/22 in the picture?

From one salty dog to another, welcome to the board! I was at the table next to diehart that day when he was shooting his totally awesome, totally customized 10/22. That is his gun.

I also have a stock stainless/black synthetic 10/22 with a scope. It is probably the most fun shooter of anything I own. You won't be sorry if you get one.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    no you don't want one ruger 10/22 , you will just end up buying 2 or 3 or 4 etc....
    buy one fix it up , buy another to leave alone-------fix it up buy another to leave alone and so on and on

you're right like the potato chip commerical, you just can't have "one" i've got plans on buying a 3rd one probably late summer

Edward78

Apr 4, 2009
    Newburg, MD SoMd
    If anyone plans to get A 10/22 from Walmart you need to do it soon I heard that they are going to stop selling Rugers at walmart all together. I think what they have now is all they are ever going to have not getting anymore.

But they are great guns very fun to shoot and the after market parts are endless.

Diehart

Trouble Making Gun Geek
    Oct 6, 2007
    Lusby, Maryland
    That is a great looking set-up shown in your photo. Is that your 10/22 in the picture?

If anyone plans to get A 10/22 from Walmart you need to do it soon I heard that they are going to stop selling Rugers at walmart all together. I think what they have now is all they are ever going to have not getting anymore.

But they are great guns very fun to shoot and the after market parts are endless.

I was at the Hollywood, MD Walmart yesterday and someone was buying a Ruger Mini-14!!! I never saw one of those at Walmart. It looked like it was marked in the $795 range. It had a Silver Barrel and Black Stock, it looked very nice.

Edward78

Apr 4, 2009
    Newburg, MD SoMd
    I was at the Hollywood, MD Walmart yesterday and someone was buying a Ruger Mini-14!!! I never saw one of those at Walmart. It looked like it was marked in the $795 range. It had a Silver Barrel and Black Stock, it looked very nice.

I hope they don't stop selling them but that is just what I heard from 2 different walmarts and also on the Rimfire Central forums.

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    Stainless and black synthetic go pretty well together. ;)

DSCN0003.JPG

BlairWright

Mar 4, 2009
    Woodstock
    Love my 10/22 - worth every penny.. Just installed a new hammer, trigger kit, and mag release.. Now I'm waiting on a new stock and bull barrel - totally fun, cheap and very accurate right out of the box.

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    The 10/22 is one of those guns that every shooter should have at least one of. They're just plain fun to shoot.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    Here's the question I've been wondering (SO glad I found this thread since I've been considering a 10/22 myself): Are the bull barrels considered NFA items? Would it be more practical to find one with the bull already on it? How quiet are they? I'd be using it for rodent/target shooting and since I live in a fairly close built neighborhood silence is key. Backstop is an wooded lot and lake to no problems there. The pellet gun I picked up needs a better scope and dialing in anyway.

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    Here's the question I've been wondering (SO glad I found this thread since I've been considering a 10/22 myself): Are the bull barrels considered NFA items? Would it be more practical to find one with the bull already on it? How quiet are they? I'd be using it for rodent/target shooting and since I live in a fairly close built neighborhood silence is key. Backstop is an wooded lot and lake to no problems there. The pellet gun I picked up needs a better scope and dialing in anyway.

There are no restrictions on .920 barrels. If you are putting that barrel on a factory wood stock, you may have to relieve it a bit with a dowel rod wrapped in sandpaper...

Sound won't be less with a bull barrel. Much of the sound is in the type of ammo you use, and the length of the barrel (longer is quieter). The quietest loads are subsonics and match ammo. Once a load exceeds about 1150 fps, it'll break the sound barrier and give you that crack we're all familiar with.

If you want to be really quiet, get yourself a suppressor. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    Thanks for the info. My understanding of the bull barrel was kind of an "in-barrel" suppressor for hunting, please correct me. The ammo point makes sense, though.

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    Thanks for the info. My understanding of the bull barrel was kind of an "in-barrel" suppressor for hunting, please correct me. The ammo point makes sense, though.

There are some internally suppressed .920 barrels on the market, but they are not the norm.
    Typically, bull barrels are not suppressed.

sargesvs

Jan 31, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    I have owned 3 10/22's. I still have one. I got it used at Anglers. It was built in 1982, and has a walnut stock. I probably overpaid for it(250), but the difference between that one, and the 2 newer ones I owned was amazing. I will probably buy another one to customize(the one I have now it too nice), but it will be from gunbroker or other used source, and be older. The new ones have more inferior parts inside, that appear to be cast, where as the old one I have has nice stainless and steel internals. Maybe it was upgraded, I dont know. Just my 2 cents........

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom