• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    mmmmm ruddy duck pizza and beer...mmmmmmm. $50 gift certificate was given to me by g/f's parents for xmas this year...used that up quickly. the servers are pretty hot too..i got an elbow to the gut once or twice.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Puncha, my son finally picked up his chanter the other day. We've been purposely not pushing it on him so he doesn't push back. We're hoping he'll pick up his pipes again soon. Wife and I really miss the sound.

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    Punch,

My sister's family is: Dr. and Mrs. Robert Hutchinson from Roanoke. Maybe your mom has met them at the local games. Bob does not play in a band as far as I know. They'll be coming into town in mid-April for our mom's 90th b-day party. My aunt married a MacFarlane, what do you know. :thumbsup:

I'll let you know when the Smoked Wee Heavy is ready. It will need to age some. The early gravity test shows ~8.2 % alc/vol. :thumbsup::party29:
    That name sounds really familiar. Tell them to look up the Brenzo's at the Alexandria Pipe Band tent this year. You ought to come with em :D

mmmmm ruddy duck pizza and beer...mmmmmmm. $50 gift certificate was given to me by g/f's parents for xmas this year...used that up quickly. the servers are pretty hot too..i got an elbow to the gut once or twice.
    I'll second that, Carlos has good taste in who he hires! :D

Puncha, my son finally picked up his chanter the other day. We've been purposely not pushing it on him so he doesn't push back. We're hoping he'll pick up his pipes again soon. Wife and I really miss the sound.
    Hey good to hear, ya'll gonna make it out tomorrow?

Just a thought, any forum members going tomorrow meet up at the bar. :D
    I'll be seeking you guys out in between songs :beer:

P51D

That oughta' do it . . .
    Feb 15, 2009
    Puncha - I'm still planning to be there for at least a bit, maybe with some of the family. Any update on the start time? P51D

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    I'm leaving at 6. We'll be playing off and on from 6:30-8:30 as far as I know.
    I heard a rumor that anyone wearing a kilt gets their first beer free :D

Meanwhile, somewhere in Maryland...

*Several MDShooters run around frantically trying to find something that resembles a kilt. Some tie two flannel shirts around their waist, and others just grab the nearest tablecloth and tie it on with rope and/or duct tape.*

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    As much as I'd like to not tomorrow. I though it was later in the month. I'm going camping with a couple other nutjobs on the forum for the weekend.
    I'll be using mother nature as a cooler for my beer and liquor

Well hell I can't even go tomorrow haha
    Tonight on the other hand will be a good time :D

Anyway, careful camping. This weather may bring the polar bears down (since global warming is melting their native lands and stuff) and I may not be able to save you :ohnoes:

P51D

That oughta' do it . . .
    Feb 15, 2009
    Puncha ROCKS on the pipes!! :party29:

He's a rock star! The chicks were throwing themselves at his feet! :bowdown:

OK, maybe I'm exagerating a little on that last one :liar: But I did leave early, and I'll bet at least one asked for his phone number.

No kidding, he and his clan provided some REALLY good entertainment to a VERY big crowd. Thanks, Puncha!

As we were walking out, my boy says "Dad, I want to learn to play the bagpipes just like that man."

Good job, Puncha.

P51D :cool:

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Had family come up from Florida at the last minute so the kids could see what snow looks like.:wtf: I was walking out of the door to go to Ruddy Duck when Wifey laid the guilt trip from hell on me.:rant2:

Catch ya next time.

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    Puncha ROCKS on the pipes!! :party29:

He's a rock star! The chicks were throwing themselves at his feet! :bowdown:

OK, maybe I'm exagerating a little on that last one :liar: But I did leave early, and I'll bet at least one asked for his phone number.

No kidding, he and his clan provided some REALLY good entertainment to a VERY big crowd. Thanks, Puncha!

As we were walking out, my boy says "Dad, I want to learn to play the bagpipes just like that man."

Good job, Puncha.

P51D :cool:

:D Thanks for comin out man. It was good to see you and polecat. I actually got a couple maybe future gigs so we'll see. If your son wants to play pipes, my dad teaches too. I have one student I haven't been taking any new ones, but if he's interested we could see what we could work out. :thumbsup:

Had family come up from Florida at the last minute so the kids could see what snow looks like.:wtf: I was walking out of the door to go to Ruddy Duck when Wifey laid the guilt trip from hell on me.:rant2:

Catch ya next time.
    I won't hold it against you man. Was a good time especially as the evening progressed. Hopefully next time. Carlos was sayin they're gonna have open mic night pretty soon, so I'll be on guitar for that when I can :D

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    Great seeing the members last night! What a blast. Man, Punch can play the bagpipes!:thumbsup: I heard several complements right after you did the fast tune. That was a big hit. I met a lot of the "clan" members who were very friendly and the Scottish Ale was super. I took some pics but most were too dark and out of focus. Now if I can only figure out how to post one........:sad20:

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    Great seeing the members last night! What a blast. Man, Punch can play the bagpipes!:thumbsup: I heard several complements right after you did the fast tune. That was a big hit. I met a lot of the "clan" members who were very friendly and the Scottish Ale was super. I took some pics but most were too dark and out of focus. Now if I can only figure out how to post one........:sad20:

People seem to like the fast stuff. Can't blame em, it's fun to hear. I'd tell you how to put up pictures, but I tend to look really weird when I'm playing pipes haha

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    See if this works.... Matt Ruddy Duck 02 04 10.jpg :D...Well gollie, it did.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom