• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    These Yeti clones are rated pretty high.
    RTIC 65 $139.99 (Reg $200) [Yeti $400]
    RTIC 45 $122.49 (Reg $175) [Yeti $350]
    RTIC 20 $100.99 (Reg $125) [Yeti $250]

RTIC website (Click on each cooler to see the discounted price)
    https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/coolers/roto-molded

Amazon
    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_9?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=rtic+cooler

Prices may be slightly lower at the RTIC website vs Amazon.

compare-rtic45.jpg

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I've got an Ozark Trail (same company as Rtic) 52 Qt. cooler (Walmart) brand new in box I'll let go for $100. Paid $157.00 PM if interested.

firemanyz

MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    If you check out the website now all coolers hard and soft are 30% off. Best prices I have seen on the site yet. I just ordered some for the Denton VFC gun bash on June 3, 2017.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    RTIC is OOS on all hard sided except a some 20's. The soft sided are available.
    None are on Amazon.
    I got a 20 on friday and went to get a 45 last night..... No go anywhere.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Prices are up again, too. Hard 20 was at 100. Soft was at 70. They are now 124 and 100 currently.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    RTIC is OOS on all hard sided except a some 20's. The soft sided are available.
    None are on Amazon.
    I got a 20 on friday and went to get a 45 last night..... No go anywhere.

I ordered a 45 friday on amazon after the press release and it shipped already so I guess I got in before the cease and desist came through:thumbsup:

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    <politically incorrect comment>
    Seriously. the ONLY reason folks bought these ergonomically challenged coolers is because they were clones of the Yeti Coolers.
    There are so much better sub-$50 coolers out there that these clones don't deserve a second look.
    </politically incorrect comment>

That's what she said!

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I'm resurrecting an older thread. I recently got a bug to get a quality cooler and did tons and tons of reading about various cooler brands, watched a ton of YouTube videos comparing coolers side by side with various ice retention challenge tests done with varying degrees of precision, and I finally wen to Bass Pro to get a look at various coolers for form factor, functionality etc. I wanted a fairly good sized family cooler in the 50-70 qt range, leaning towards the larger, so this was going to be solid outlay of money. I read about most of the major players:

• Yeti
    • Rtic
    • Orca
    • Pelican
    • Igloo IMX series
    • Grizzly
    • Ozark Trail
    • Lifetime
    • Siberian
    • etc.
    Of course the de facto standard seems to be Yeti. Invariably for the ice retention challenge tests it's always "brand x vs Yeti."

I've been at this for a couple of weeks, and I had no idea what I was up against - I thought it would be a simple matter to do a bit of reading and come to an easy conclusion about which cooler I wanted. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Ultimately I decided to get the Rtic 65 quart cooler. To me it seems like the best bang for the buck.

• In at least two YouTube videos it out-performed the Yeti 65 in an ice retention challenge. Yeti won in some of them though, but it was always close.
    • It cost me more than $100 less than a Yeti, $50 less than an Engel
    • Unlike both the Engel and Yeti, it actually holds 65 quarts - both Engel and Yeti are less on their 65 model
    • I looked at the Orca 58, but I wasn't hip to the form factor, and it costs more than the Rtic
    • Rtic seemed to be designed very closely to Yeti - it was even closer before the lawsuit and they had to make some changes
    • Rtic out-performed other less expensive coolers such as Ozark Trail and Lifetime by a good bit in the ice challenges I watched
    • Rtic offers a military discount - others do too, but that helped to cut my price down some
    I think I'd have been happy with an Engel - that was the runner-up, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be happy with the Rtic. Once I get this big one out of the way, I'm going to look into picking up a couple of smaller coolers as well.

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    I'm resurrecting an older thread. I recently got a bug to get a quality cooler and did tons and tons of reading about various cooler brands, watched a ton of YouTube videos comparing coolers side by side with various ice retention challenge tests done with varying degrees of precision, and I finally wen to Bass Pro to get a look at various coolers for form factor, functionality etc. I wanted a fairly good sized family cooler in the 50-70 qt range, leaning towards the larger, so this was going to be solid outlay of money. I read about most of the major players:

• Yeti
    • Rtic
    • Orca
    • Pelican
    • Igloo IMX series
    • Grizzly
    • Ozark Trail
    • Lifetime
    • Siberian
    • etc.

Of course the de facto standard seems to be Yeti. Invariably for the ice retention challenge tests it's always "brand x vs Yeti."

I've been at this for a couple of weeks, and I had no idea what I was up against - I thought it would be a simple matter to do a bit of reading and come to an easy conclusion about which cooler I wanted. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Ultimately I decided to get the Rtic 65 quart cooler. To me it seems like the best bang for the buck.

• In at least two YouTube videos it out-performed the Yeti 65 in an ice retention challenge. Yeti won in some of them though, but it was always close.
    • It cost me more than $100 less than a Yeti, $50 less than an Engel
    • Unlike both the Engel and Yeti, it actually holds 65 quarts - both Engel and Yeti are less on their 65 model
    • I looked at the Orca 58, but I wasn't hip to the form factor, and it costs more than the Rtic
    • Rtic seemed to be designed very closely to Yeti - it was even closer before the lawsuit and they had to make some changes
    • Rtic out-performed other less expensive coolers such as Ozark Trail and Lifetime by a good bit in the ice challenges I watched
    • Rtic offers a military discount - others do too, but that helped to cut my price down some

I think I'd have been happy with an Engel - that was the runner-up, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be happy with the Rtic. Once I get this big one out of the way, I'm going to look into picking up a couple of smaller coolers as well.

Rtic is the best bang for your buck IMO. I bought a decent size yeti many years ago $400 was retail i think. Got it for less at REI with rebates and coop coupon. Im almost positive its never been used.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom