• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    Loaded up 15 starter loads with TiteGroup powder and 240 Hornady XTP Mag bullets and took the gun to the range today.

I was apprehensive about shooting the loads. Would they be too powerful for the rifle? The heavy 45 Colt loads I shot last week were pretty hefty and the gun really kicked (kind of hurt my little finger on the lever handle).

Turned out that the loads were a lot tamer than those loads. I may step them up a little but we'll see.

You guys who don't load your own ammo should really learn how to do it. You can customize your ammo to your own specs.

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    Loaded 15 more rounds with the suggested max load for TiteGroup.

They seem to work pretty good so I'll stick with that for the time being. Pleasant to shoot without much recoil.

I have to adjust my sights and learn how to get accurate to 50 yards then decide if I'll stay with the iron sights.

Lots of fun...

Franken7

MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2023
    Pinelands
    I have been looking for a Rossi R92 in 454 Casull since January 2020. None of my LGSs or the big on-line retailers, such as Bud's Gun Shop, have had this rifle in stock. Then I came across an article in guns.com in which the author stated that because of quality control issues, Rossi took the rifle out of production.

Anyone have any better (or more recent) intel on this?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I just know haven't seen any in circulation , or advertised , in at least that time period .

OTOH , in .45 Colt , it's capable of handling hella stout handloads . well beyond " Blackhawk & Contender " levels .

Such .45 Colt handloads can do anything you'd want or expect a M92 to do . and the limiting factor will be your shoulder .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom