• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paladin

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    Feb 23, 2011
    Gun Lock in Package.

Welcome to the forum. As far as a pistol lock you don't have to buy a lock from Free state. You can bring your own lock in when you pick up the gun. You just have to have one in your possession when you pick up the gun. You can buy a used one fairly cheap, Google it or search this forum you will find one cheap.

Every gun (pistol, rifle, shotgun) that I have bought has had a lock come with it. Most are Ruger, M&P, and Mossberg. It's a law (Fed or State) that they have to come with them. Check with other LGS and yo can even call Sig n New Hampshire to see if they send them in the package.

mdram

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2011
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    Every gun (pistol, rifle, shotgun) that I have bought has had a lock come with it. Most are Ruger, M&P, and Mossberg. It's a law (Fed or State) that they have to come with them. Check with other LGS and yo can even call Sig n New Hampshire to see if they send them in the package.

locks that come with guns are not necessarily maryland approved.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    3 localish ranges around i have been to/frequent, freestate, haps baker, elk neck. there is also AGC but i did not renew membership based on the nazisms.

RJE3

Dec 22, 2013
    Harford County, MD
    I recently purchased a new hand gun from Freestate and my understanding is this.
    The FFL is required to install a barrel lock, it is inserted into the chamber and tightened in place through the muzzle. This is required by state law to be installed before the gun leaves the store.
    In my case (not sure if it is in every case) they sold me the lock (about 20 bucks), installed it, I left the building, removed it and brought it back into the store where they gave me credit. Then of course I purchased something else that cost more than 20 bucks. It is a win win. This is NOT the cable lock that came with the hand gun.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    4) What you are looking for are "dummy rounds." Same weight as a loaded rounds, but no primer or powder, so they do not fire. You can buy them, or if you are nice to someone who reloads, they can make some for you.

5) Cleaning is over rated. More firearms are damaged by over cleaning than my shooting. I clean my pistols once a year if I shoot a LOT (at times I have been shooting over 500 rounds per week), and less often if not shot often.

This is internal cleaning, they are wiped down a silicone cloth or light gun oil or Birchwood Case Barricade EVERY time they are handled. Fingerprints are a killer of a fine blued finish.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    Welcome to the show Goatcheese. I aso have several cleaning kits but I am starting to really like my Otis kit. I got the really big one on Amazon when it was on a major sale.

As for ranges, it might be a small hike but Frederick has two new indoor ranges that you can pay by the hour. Memberships are not mandatory. The Machine Gun Nest and Heritage. I am partial towards the Nest, but then again, I have a friend who is one of the owners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom