• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jerielg

Old Guy
    Jan 10, 2010
    Paw Paw, WV
    I have a place just outside of Romney. Unfortunately my property is completely flat with no berms and no place to shoot. Does anyone know if there are any ranges or places to shoot pistol and rifle near Romney.

Thanks,

coopdog373

Feb 13, 2009
    herndon
    Romney is fun

Friend-I too have land in the area just down route 28 heading towards cumberland. I picked up 22 acres in an area called the "bluffs on the potomac". I just sighted in my .308 on a weekday into the side of the mtn I am on (100 yards) and I am always shooting my pistols up there. Currently working on a barn project. If you are ever on your way up and want to shoot some pistol rounds of the rifles we can probably set up something. I usually only shoot the rifles when the other lots are empty, but I have a good relationship with my neighbors...only one built a cabin on his lot and the other lot next door is for camping only.

Roy

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    I have a place just outside of Romney. Unfortunately my property is completely flat with no berms and no place to shoot. Does anyone know if there are any ranges or places to shoot pistol and rifle near Romney.

Thanks,

Build a berm for a range, not that hard to do and plan are available.

adjusterr

Mar 28, 2011
    Indian Springs, Western MD
    I'm lucky, live on the side of a mountain but still wanted a good backstop. dug four holes, set four rail road ties upright, with a five foot space between the front and rear ties. I then filled the space with junk trees cut off the mountain,and covered the face with 1" oak boards, has been working well for 25years. I plan to add another tie and face boards on each side in front as a "wing" to stop any ricochets. I once saw a backstop filled with old tires and sand. If you are at all interested, let me know and I will try and post a pic...electronically challenged! Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom