• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you buy a Rock Island M22 if they come back?

• Yes

Votes: 3 20.0%
    • No

Votes: 4 26.7%
    • Maybe, depends on the price and quality

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I am betting against Ruger winning its "copyright infringement" suit against Armscor/Rock Island for copying the 10/22 and that the M22 will return to the US market in the end. You can still buy them in the Philippines and maybe some other places, just not in the US. Ruger hasn't gone after anyone else making parts or more expensive guns based on the 10/22, only Rock Island with their much less expensive version. Any patents would have expired in the 70's or 80's, so its not an infringement issue and its not fraud, Armscor is not claiming the guns are made or licensed by Ruger. Ruger didn't even get an injunction against Armscor, Armscor voluntarily pulled the M22 off the US market. To my knowledge Ruger never actually filed a copyright on the 10/22 appearance to begin with, they are doing this after the fact. Heinz actually did own "Ketchup" and Harley Davidson did own "Motorcycle" but they passed into "public domain" against their will. The M22 was sold in the Philippines for years without a peep from Ruger.

If the M22 comes back, would you consider buying one?

I haven't looked closely at the differences, but the M22 is supposed to have slightly better sights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom