• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m0bas

Feb 26, 2012
    New customer here. Once I heard lowers could be sold again I just knew my next build had to be a EA pistol build to show my thanks. Took another road trip to EA today to pick up my lower and found some other goodies too while I was there. These lowers look absolutely amazing, and the uppers are freaking beautiful, 10x better in person no doubt. All-in-all well worth the hour drive.

A lower, E4 Pistol Upper with Charging handle and BCG, Buffer Kit and a cool hat all followed me home.

This is gonna be one helluva fun build. Can’t wait!

Thanks for everything!

EA E4.jpg

Dirichlet

Jan 3, 2013
    We are currently out of stripped billet lowers. We have forged engage lowers/uppers inbound (should be in this week or next, but no promises.) We also have 10 inch and 8 inch 300 black barrels inbound from white oak.

Excellent! :party29:
    The 8" 300 black white oaks sound very good to me.

SoMD_Gen4

Apr 16, 2013
    SoMD
    Once lowers became legal again, I had the same idea as the OP, build a pistol.

Excuse the ignorance but I am unfamiliar with the steps in order to do it properly, (not build, but obtaining the stamp).

What are the proper steps after obtaining the lower. Do i need to apply for a stamp prior to buying a 7.5 upper? What steps are different than when I built my regular AR with a 16" barrel from a stripped lower?

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Once lowers became legal again, I had the same idea as the OP, build a pistol.

Excuse the ignorance but I am unfamiliar with the steps in order to do it properly, (not build, but obtaining the stamp).

What are the proper steps after obtaining the lower. Do i need to apply for a stamp prior to buying a 7.5 upper? What steps are different than when I built my regular AR with a 16" barrel from a stripped lower?

No stamp for a pistol. It's a pistol because it uses a special buffer tube that does not accept telescoping, folding (ARs don't fold anyway), fixed, or any other stock.

SoMD_Gen4

Apr 16, 2013
    SoMD
    google phase 5 pistol buffer tube.

enjoy

So I as long as I buy a pistol buffer tube, I can go as short as I want on the barrel and nothing else is necessary?

If I put a like a magpul str stock on it though, it becomes an SBR, and would need a stamp?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    yep. Engage in Rockville sells pistol barrels.

Give them a call.

PS-get the stamp first and keep the lower with the stock or upper in a different location than the other portion if that's all you have. BATFE says if the parts are available and under your control, it's the same a having a complete one. That's a no no w/o the stamp first.

IANAL

m0bas

Feb 26, 2012
    It's finally done! Big thanks to Engage and Team!

EA Pistol Build.jpg

Upper
    -Engage Armament E4 Pistol 7.5” complete upper featuring:
    -EA’s Black Nitride BCG
    -VLTOR BCM charging handle.
    -I put Magpul’s XTM hand stop on it

Lower
    -EA billet lower
    -JP LPK WITHOUT trigger group
    -Phase 5 HEX-2 Pistol buffer tube kit with Sig Brace attached.
    -H2 buffer and buffer spring
    -B.A.D. EPS Pivot/Takedown Pins
    -B.A.D. ASS ambi safety, Regular/Thin
    -Odin Works Extended Mag Release
    -Geissele G2S Trigger Group
    -Ambi End Plate
    -Magpul MOE-K2 Grip

Every part on this list fit flawlessly into EA’s billet lower.

This build by far was the most fun out of all the AR’s I’ve built and is my absolute favorite.

The optics will most likely change at a later time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom