• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 12a10

Apr 6, 2009
    AA County Crownsville
    Just received an extremely detailed 4-page opinion poll sent out by the Republican National Committee. Solicits opinions on just about every facet of political,social,eonomic ,governmental topics including some downright obscure and marginal issues like "cloning" but omits any question bearing on
    2A or firearms carry. Yes, I realize that this mailing is a thinly veiled excuse to solicit donations to the cause and the data collected will probably end up in the "bit bucket" but question how they could leave out an issue that is resonating in Federal Courts and State Legislatures (concealed cary, reiprocity, etc).

Will fill out the survey, omit sending a check, and point out that there are tens of millions of Americans who care about 2A and want to see it highlighted in the Republican platform. I will suggest they revise their survey to include a question such as this : Do you agree that the US Constitution
    recognizes the individual rightof a citizen to keep and bear arms ? Doyou believe that State and local governments have the right to infringe on this right?"

In thinking about this a bit more, why would I want to contribute to the RNC bureaucracy instead of the campaigns of those candidates who clearly support my values and issues????

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    Ugh, sorry to be the one to tell you this, but the Republican Party now cares more about condoms and gays than it does about gun rights.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Ugh, sorry to be the one to tell you this, but the Republican Party now cares more about condoms and gays than it does about gun rights.

Or the economy...

I mean I do understand gun control is a third rail issue; but still.

Vince55

Vince55
    Aug 10, 2010
    Lusby, Md
    It just amazes the hell out of me that the people we elect to these offices, to help us and do what is right for the people, use that office to support their own agenda and desires. They get up there and forget that they work for us, not the other way around.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    It just amazes the hell out of me that the people we elect to these offices, to help us and do what is right for the people, use that office to support their own agenda and desires. They get up there and forget that they work for us, not the other way around.

There's your first mistake: They don't work for us. They work for campaign contributors, and not the piddly little $2500-or-less donors.

KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA
    In thinking about this a bit more, why would I want to contribute to the RNC bureaucracy instead of the campaigns of those candidates who clearly support my values and issues????

I no longer contribute to the party. I sent a donation to Ron Paul's campaign at the beginning of the primaries. I'd send another contribution, but my finances don't allow me to at this time.

Unless some major changes happen inside the GOP/RNC, I will only be supporting candidates who I feel truly represent my views. No more compromising on politicians for me.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Is there any diffrance between the two parties any more? If you care about you basic rights I don't think the two are good choices. the system is now a self serving money making machine.

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    I no longer contribute to the party. I sent a donation to Ron Paul's campaign at the beginning of the primaries. I'd send another contribution, but my finances don't allow me to at this time.

Unless some major changes happen inside the GOP/RNC, I will only be supporting candidates who I feel truly represent my views. No more compromising on politicians for me.

It is time to divorce the Constitution from partisan politics.Lets face it - the 2 established parties have only 1 agenda set in stone - to attack each other. They trade issues periodically - the Democrats were pro gun until RFK, and Bush had Johnson's political machine. We will be better served if we vote ISSUES and not PARTY!

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    It is time to divorce the Constitution from partisan politics.Lets face it - the 2 established parties have only 1 agenda set in stone - to attack each other. They trade issues periodically - the Democrats were pro gun until RFK, and Bush had Johnson's political machine. We will be better served if we vote ISSUES and not PARTY!

:thumbsup: +1

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom