• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I looked into a few online ammo sites this morning and it looks like there may be a run on ammo going on. Looks like prices have gone up and many are out of stock. Hopefully this is short lived! .223 looks particularly bad right now.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Sportsman's guide still has a good deal on Wolf Gold and subsonic 9mm. Free shipping too.

I also see more good deals on .22 than I've seen in months.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Sportsman's guide still has a good deal on Wolf Gold and subsonic 9mm. Free shipping too.

I also see more good deals on .22 than I've seen in months.

Yes, don't see any ammo shortages or price hikes from my viewpoint. In fact, lots of sales.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Powder Valley got some primers in yesterday and their price went from $27 per 1K to $28 --- jumped over to Cabelas to compare prices and their primers went from $35 per 1K down to $33.
    Cabelas powder variety dropped significantly in the last week as a side note.

fiveloaves

Sep 9, 2013
    Montgomery County
    We survived the last shortage and we'll get through this one as well.
    The last shortage got me started with cap and ball, which turned out to be very enjoyable.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    Yup, it looks like PMC Bronze 9mm Luger Ammo 115 Grain Full Metal Jacket is up by 3¢ per round from last week. I expect other calibers are up as well. It's going to be a while before I need to buy any more. I hope the results of today's election are favorable to the prices going back down.

Ngrovcam

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2016
    Florida
    Wait until the election results are announced...this time tomorrow, stuff
    will be in short supply. I fear it will go
    downhill from there.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Why would anyone hoard ammo? HRC's not banning ammo. Prices and availability on SGammo looks fine to me.

Anyways, whatever... I have a reloading setup now, my maximum legal allocation of powder, and some insane amount of brass. Bullets are easy enough to source. Primers may be an issue, I guess, but I'm still relatively well stocked on those. Just can't get worried anymore.

scout6

Sep 28, 2016
    Ceciltucky
    "Ammunition Supply Company is currently down due to maintenance or capacity issues. We'll be back in a few minutes."
    Been down all weekend. Usually decent prices.

Looks like massammo is also out of stock on the popular items in bulk as well.

Glad I bought bulk orders last week. Depending on the outcome this evening, there may be a run everywhere.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    FedEx delivered 2,000 rounds of 9mm to me today, at 20 cpr shipped from Sportsman's Guide.

I did panic a little and order some Glock 19 mag parts kits a few minutes ago from another vendor. Tried to get 3 but they only had 2 so I cleaned them out.

Jim M

Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2008
    Monkton, MD
    I hope prices now adjust to sane levels. Maybe the panic mongering will diminish and prices will fall if people buy what they need instead of enough to outfit a small nation's army.

I'd also hope that .22 becomes available enough that CCI starts making CB caps again. I use that to introduce kids to shooting, but I'm afraid to use up the supply I have left as the prices are so out of whack on what little is left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom