• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I just buy the cheap PEPR clone sold by Aim Sport and a few others. Works fine even in .223 competition. You can usually find them at any gun show under a number of different brands also.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Got a great deal on an Ar 223 1-4x24 scope and wanted to mount it on my M&P15-22. Any suggestions on scope mounts or rings? I don't need a Larue or ADM mount, it's a .22LR.

Also considered getting this, seems like it would be fine for .22LR work. Maybe not?

https://www.primaryarms.com/Vortex_Crossfire_II_3_9x40_Dead_Hold_BDC_Reticle_p/cf2-31007pepr.htm

Like I said here is what you want:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/sniper-1-cantilever-scope-mount?a=1104841
    Its available in either 1" or 30mm and its 1/4 the cost of the Burris original. Plenty good enough for a .22.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    On my last AR with flat top upper I've tried a couple different optics set ups.

The current optic I am using is AR 3x9 BDC scope with side parallax adjustment, very similar to yours.

I use a no name mount on my AR in 223. Cost $20. I use standard rings with it, $20 also (there are $10 sets out there). The mount is actually a 3/4" riser so the scope center will 'see' over the 'F' front sight and I need the height for a proper cheek weld. It can also be removed without need for an allen wrench and will return to zero when reinstalled without using a torque wrench - well, as tested at 100 yards. It also allows me to use a rear BUIS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom