• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeCee

May 8, 2013
    Ari and I won't be able to make it to the October Practice session but we're looking forward to the November Ruger Rimfire shoot. On the SLSC calendar, I noticed that the November shoot is posted on the 4th Sunday, the 24th, instead of the 3rd Sunday, the 17th. Is that correct?

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Ari and I won't be able to make it to the October Practice session but we're looking forward to the November Ruger Rimfire shoot. On the SLSC calendar, I noticed that the November shoot is posted on the 4th Sunday, the 24th, instead of the 3rd Sunday, the 17th. Is that correct?

Yep - it's been pushed to the 24th due to conflicts with the MD state USPSA match that is being held the weekend of the 16th & 17th.

Last edited:

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    This..

But it may conflict with proposed toy for tots shoot?
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=135565

You're correct, thanks for the sharp-eyes Neil.

The Toys-for-Tots shoot was erroneously placed on the clendar for 22 & 23 NOV when it is acually scheduled for 23 & 24 November. My bad!:facepalm:

As a holiday charity fundraiser, the T4T match takes priority over the Ruger RF Steel match. Therefore the 24 NOV Ruger Rimfire Steel match will be cancelled or rescheduled. I dunno if I can re-schedule given the Club's busy/congested schedule in November/December.

Sincere apologies for the confusion -- stand-by for updates.

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    how about a November 29 (day after thanksgiving) "black friday rimfire steel" challange? gives the dads (that are home babysitting kids while mom is out christmas shopping) a chance to bring out the kiddies and shoot some steel. ssshhhhh, don't tell your mother!

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    how about a November 29 (day after thanksgiving) "black friday rimfire steel" challange? gives the dads (that are home babysitting kids while mom is out christmas shopping) a chance to bring out the kiddies and shoot some steel. ssshhhhh, don't tell your mother!

Not a bad idea at all.

Hmm...lemme check a few things before committing.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    First-Annual "Turkey-Day" RF Steel Match

I talked to the rest of the Team and they like the idea as well. 29 Nov from 0900 - ~1400. We'll work to have 4 stages.

Since there's some concern over the turnout, we'll do pre-registrations via this site here. Recommend folks sign-up early.

Hopefully this will become a very popular event and we will be able to continue it in future years.

John

Viper-Snipe

May 13, 2012
    I talked to the rest of the Team and they like the idea as well. 29 Nov from 0900 - ~1400. We'll work to have 4 stages.

Since there's some concern over the turnout, we'll do pre-registrations via this site here. Recommend folks sign-up early.

Hopefully this will become a very popular event and we will be able to continue it in future years.

John

I'm in, but do not care for the Face Book signup thing.

V-S

Gunny1998

(This Space for Rent)
    Apr 20, 2013
    St. Marys County
    at that link, there's a way to do it via email. I don't do FB either, but was able to sign up using the email link.

So it's clear to others reading this, you don't have to use FB to sign up. Once you click on the link John provided, just below the blue "Connect to Register" button is a hyperlink that says "or register with email". Click that, fill out the form and click the green "Register" button.

Jambone

Sep 15, 2013
    Southern Maryland
    Is spectating ok? I'm interested in just coming to watch the event and see some good shooting, can I just show up and watch? I'd be happy to make a small donation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom