• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Attached is the report for today's match. Participation was depressed by the threatened rain, other competing matches, and the continued famine of 22LR.

But the weather turned-out great and all had a good time -- even IF their guns decided to break. :sad20:

Congrats to the match-winners, and all the participants. We did not award a Beretta Neos pistol today, as we just awarded one last month and today's turnout was kinda scant. Hopefully we'll be able to award one next month.

Next month's match is on Sunday, 16 June -- Father's Day.

Attachments

• SLSC Rimfire Steel Match Report for 19 May 2013.pdf
      299.9 KB · Views: 160

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Another fun shoot. Thanks to all who organized it. Glad to see that no 2x4s were harmed this time. Looking forward to the next one.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Somebody needs to re-add up Neils score because there is no way I outshot him that bad.

Lol.. trust me.. stage 1 (last stage for my group) gave me grief yesterday. Ran out of ammo most if not all tries before hitting the stop plate. :o. Its all good.. still had fun. :)

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    What type of .22s are allowed? What is the course of fire? Need some video, seems like it would be lots of fun.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    What type of .22s are allowed? What is the course of fire? Need some video, seems like it would be lots of fun.
    You need a handgun and a rifle.. 22lr only.
    Semi, revolver, pump, bolt or lever action. Pick you poison. 10 + 1 allowed per string. Yesterday string.. there's one stage with round count of 9.. so technically if you shot all 11rounds before hitting the stop plate...30sec penalty.. you're Sol.

Like what happened to me..couple ftf and missed the stop steel on my last stage multiple times.... oops.

We go by ruger rimfire rules.
    http://www.ruger.com/micros/rugerRimfire/rules.html

BlueCrabMafia

Sep 7, 2012
    Lexington Park, MD
    Lol.. trust me.. stage 1 (last stage for my group) gave me grief yesterday. Ran out of ammo most if not all tries before hitting the stop plate. :o. Its all good.. still had fun. :)

I was wondering what the deal was. I know I'm getting better, but I was like there's no way you scored that.......LOL! I do enjoy shooting that match.

Like lx1x said, any .22LR pistol AND rifle. There are usually loaners of one or both at the match if you don't have one or the other. It helps to have 5 magazines for each firearm as you shot the same course of fire 5 times for each stage (5 strings for each COF x 3 stages x 2 firearms = 30 strings at 11 rounds each). Roughly 350 rounds are needed for the match.

It's lots of fun and low key. Plenty of people there that will give you help if you need it.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    I was wondering what the deal was. I know I'm getting better, but I was like there's no way you scored that.......LOL! I do enjoy shooting that match.

Like lx1x said, any .22LR pistol AND rifle. There are usually loaners of one or both at the match if you don't have one or the other. It helps to have 5 magazines for each firearm as you shot the same course of fire 5 times for each stage (5 strings for each COF x 3 stages x 2 firearms = 30 strings at 11 rounds each). Roughly 350 rounds are needed for the match.

It's lots of fun and low key. Plenty of people there that will give you help if you need it.

I have no shortage of .22s. I was thinking either my G17 with TACSOL 22 Conversion or CZ 75 Shadow Target with Kadet Conversion for pistol. And for rifle I have SIG 522's and I just built a dedicated CMMG upper for my AR. Will have to try to make one of these.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I have no shortage of .22s. I was thinking either my G17 with TACSOL 22 Conversion or CZ 75 Shadow Target with Kadet Conversion for pistol. And for rifle I have SIG 522's and I just built a dedicated CMMG upper for my AR. Will have to try to make one of these.

You're gtg then. Give it a try. Its lots of fun. :)

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    I was impressed the way the SRO's handled the new female shooter. I think they made her feel very comfortable and not intimidated. I may just bring my wife next time and get involved.

HokieCasey

Aug 7, 2010
    St Mary's
    I was impressed the way the SRO's handled the new female shooter. I think they made her feel very comfortable and not intimidated. I may just bring my wife next time and get involved.

that is one of the primary goals, get new shooters involved and make it a low key family affair.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland

:thumbsup: we welcome any new shooters.. we are there to have fun.. as long they are handling the firearm in safe manner.. :)

as for the new shooter.. she actually did fairly well.. I keep telling her to take her time, have fun and don't worry about the time. also over heard her talking to the husband, discussing what she wants to buy next. :lol2:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    So you really need. Repeater or bolt gun with a 10 shot mag to play.....?

There are categories. Open (semi with optics), limited (semi with iron sights), cowboy (revolver da or sa and lever gun) and manual (single action revolver and bolt guns).

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Only 22s I have right now are single shot. :(

But when I get my 1911 I plan to get a 22 conversion for it.

there's a loaner gun the club member lends once a while.. some of the members are willing to lend theirs if you bring ammo.

i would lend my pistol (sig 229) but its been problematic recently (ftf). :o 15-22 runs flawlessly though.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I had a 15-22 and sold if before I ever fired a shot had a more pressing need.

Something I will look at in the future I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom