• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Justler

Jan 5, 2012
    Hey folks,

I know some people from the Frederick/Hagerstown area must be going down to Annapolis on the 6th? I am going and would be willing to meet anyone in Frederick and then drive down. My car seats driver +3... Perhaps +4 if the people in the back are small :).

This could work out well for those from Hagerstown as well. I'm planning to stay til it's over. I have a big trunk so we can pack lots of snacks and stuff :).

MDHunter

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2007
    Free America
    I'm in Germantown .. Not too far off
    And I'm sure you mean the 8th

NO - the hearing for SB281 (the Assault Weapons Ban) is scheduled for the 6th, Wednesday. If we don't have a HUGE turnout on the 6th - any effort on the 8th won't make much if an impact.

The MD Legislature likely got wind of the big rally planned for the 8th, and are trying to schedule the hearing on the 6th to divide our forces and take the wind out of our efforts. We need EVERY person that can make it to be in Annapolis on the 6th, and to plan for a long day!

Justler

Jan 5, 2012
    We need EVERY person that can make it to be in Annapolis on the 6th, and to plan for a long day!

Which is why i'm offering a basically free ride down to Annapolis for those as far out as Hagerstown and Frederick :). If I don't get anyone from these areas i'll start entertaining those more along the way to Annapolis that i'd pass through.

Joseph87'

Nobama
    Dec 22, 2011
    Charleston SC
    Which is why i'm offering a basically free ride down to Annapolis for those as far out as Hagerstown and Frederick :). If I don't get anyone from these areas i'll start entertaining those more along the way to Annapolis that i'd pass through.

Yeah I'm 20 mins away from there rather drive to fredneck then Annapolis on an off day.

scottp999

Feb 11, 2008
    I will be leaving from Frederick as well, but not sure if I will have open seats yet. Asking a couple more people to go with me tomorrow. Will post here if I end up with room.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Just fyi fellas, these hearings may run late into the night. Consider this when planning rides. If you can't stay the duration, which could be 10pm or later, make sure you inform your ride.

MDHunter

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2007
    Free America
    Status Check

Justler,

Do you have takers yet for the 6th? I'm not asking for a ride at this point, as I'm planning on submitting testimony, and hope to stay to the very end. I'm just curious as to how our area (Frederick/Hagerstown) will be represented. I think Joseph is saying that he's down for a ride (?), and sounds like CATMDude will let you know on Tuesday. Do you have any other nibbles yet?

What can we do to spread the word in our area guys? I mean getting the word out to guys and girls who aren't members of this site, but who believe in 2A.

Michael

Justler

Jan 5, 2012
    Justler,

Do you have takers yet for the 6th? I'm not asking for a ride at this point, as I'm planning on submitting testimony, and hope to stay to the very end. I'm just curious as to how our area (Frederick/Hagerstown) will be represented. I think Joseph is saying that he's down for a ride (?), and sounds like CATMDude will let you know on Tuesday. Do you have any other nibbles yet?

What can we do to spread the word in our area guys? I mean getting the word out to guys and girls who aren't members of this site, but who believe in 2A.

Michael

I haven't had anyone 100% commit to taking me up on a free ride down. I haven't got any PMs either.

If you want a ride down to Annapolis on the 6th, please PM me. I am driving from Brunswick through Frederick. I am willing to meet people off major interstate ramps along the path.

bobnieder

S&W Fan
    May 1, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I am trying to arrange our car use so that I can drive to Annapolis on the 6th. My wife works as a nurse doing home care, and, depending on how her jobs stack up for Wednesday, I may be driving or I may be looking for a ride. Sorry it's so indefinite, but that's just how life is for us right now.

If you can squeeze me in and you're staying until it's done, please let me know. For my part, I will let you know as soon as my wife's work schedule is set whether I will need a riide or not.

Thank you!

As the NRA put it,

WE WILL STAND AND FIGHT!​

Justler

Jan 5, 2012
    Ok, looks like we'll be all filled up!

MentalSquint
    Fredneck
    8milimeter
    bobnieder

I sent you guys a PM. about meeting in the Chef Lin/Rugged warehouse parking lot... just not sure what time we should meet up there and get on the road to Annapolis.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    Dayum!

I'll be coming from Poolesville and have 4 seats open in the SVT. I promise I won't smoke but you'l have to listen to Elliot until 10 :)

Anyone from Fredneck, Gtown, Gburg, Rockville is welcome.

Also be cool to caravan with folks.

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring

Might you be passing by or through Silver Spring?

Justler

Jan 5, 2012
    One spot just opened up as 8millimeter has managed to talk some others into coming and will be driving two people down also.

So i've got one open and he's got one open. I'll be heading to Annapolis by way of I-70 to 32 and can pick someone up along the way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom