• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    Here's what I'm looking for, if anyone has any leads. I would be most grateful.

Ruger GP-100 in .357 Mag, stainless, 6" bbl OR

Smith and Wesson 686 in .357 Mag, stainless, 6" bbl. AND

Ruger Blackhawk in .357 Mag, stainless, 6" bbl.

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit

I'll be glad to tell you how much I like the Blackhawk in about 40 days. I did my paperwork for it on 4/21 or 22, I forget which...

GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC

If you want a 4" 686, used guard service trade in, call gunrunners tactical in CA. Ask for ray - good guy. Price is $625 and they may still have some pre-lock models.

markc

Apr 9, 2011
    You can find the smith at Realco guns in PG county.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    Funny. Those are the revolvers I am currently wanting next. Except the Blackhawk. I already have a Blackhawk in 357.
    I want a double action 357 and have been leaning toward the SW 686 with 6'' barrel.

Feb 28, 2013
    Thanks! It looks like it wasn't able to get squeezed out today still (Air has an earlier cutoff time) but it should go out on Tuesday w/ tracking.

That's okay. No rush. It'll get here eventually. :)

mr phil said:
    Funny. Those are the revolvers I am currently wanting next. Except the Blackhawk. I already have a Blackhawk in 357.
    I want a double action 357 and have been leaning toward the SW 686 with 6'' barrel.

I'll miss the vent rib look like my Taurus had. Only option there would've been a Colt Python or another Taurus in .357. But I don't know if I'm into 7-shot revolvers. It just feels wrong.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I'd like to get a 4-6" 44 mag. Don't think I can afford a Smith, at least none I've seen. If I go with Ruger what's the opinion on Black Hawk vs Super Red Hawk? Also what's the difference in the Bisley?

silver78

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2009
    Hi Rico - Hope all is well with you. Just some input on the 44 magnum. I used to own a S&W 629. It was a wonderful gun and I loved shooting it.... when I was younger. As you know - I'm over 50 now and I sold the gun a couple of years ago. Why? Because as I got older my hands would just hurt the next day after shooting it. I was never afraid of the recoil I guess my older hands just did not like the impact any more. So I totally wimped out and replaced it with a S&W 38 special. But I think the 357 would also be OK as I used to own a Ruger Security 6 before I sold it to help fund the 629.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

thai

May 8, 2013
    I'd like to get a 4-6" 44 mag. Don't think I can afford a Smith, at least none I've seen. If I go with Ruger what's the opinion on Black Hawk vs Super Red Hawk? Also what's the difference in the Bisley?

It depends on your intended purpose. The super redhawk is over built and bank vault tough. I have the 9.5 inch for hunting and it is perfect for its intended purpose. I would also consider the Redhawk, less weight and no less as strong and lighter to boot. These guns are also good for protection while hunting or hiking in bear country. I like the blackhawk also though I don't have any single action but they are nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom