• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Striknine

Jan 19, 2013
    I purchased a handgun a few months ago and just recently had a chance to shoot it. The first round fired fine but the second round would not fire. The trigger will travel all the way back but not bang. The second round actually chambered too.
    Long story short I called Classic Firearms and told them what was happening and they asked if I wanted a refund or a replacement.
    If I get a refund do I need to transfer the firearm to them since it is currently registered to me? And If they replace it do I have to fill out the paperwork again and pay for a transfer of a different firearm?
    Thanks

Striknine

Jan 19, 2013
    I've been using the same Ammo on my other M&P9 without one issue for months. I don't want to take the chance of having a broken gun and not be able to replace it once Oct 1 rolls around. Looking at a CZ 75 to replace it.

Question I have is how is the return handled with regard to FFL transfers.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Try some different ammo in it first. Just because one type of ammo has been working fine in one gun doesn't mean it's a good match for another.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    A mis-fire or dud can occur at any time with any ammo. Eject the round after a one minute wait and try again. Inspect the round to see if it was struck by the firing pin.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    If the FFL takes it back, you don't have to do anything. More that likely, the FFL or you will have to send it to the manufactuer for repair if it's a warranty issue.

Striknine

Jan 19, 2013
    If the FFL takes it back, you don't have to do anything. More that likely, the FFL or you will have to send it to the manufactuer for repair if it's a warranty issue.

I just got off the phone with Classic Firearms. They told me when Someone returns a regulated firearm that they sold to them, the customer doesn't need to do anything after sending it back. They will fill out the paperwork to transfer ownership back to them.

The gun was a Zastava CZ999 9mm. Pretty much a sig P226 clone.

The round would chamber but the trigger wouldn't reset. Ammo was fine.
    I did some research on the web and noticed a bunch of people with the same issue with different firearms. Couldn't find a solution though other than send it back.

The firearm is now headed back and hopefully a new CZ 75 will replace it.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I thought we were discussing a brand new gun. That thing looks like it's been beat to hell and had some new grips put on it.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    ***Gun looks like it has seen better days. Did you check for chamber/barrel wear and or have someone look at the basics like the extractor and firing pin, etc.. ? That can give one an idea of how many rounds have been through the gun before plunking money down.

python

Apr 15, 2010
    If you have a chance to get rid of it and get your money back, take it. You're better off waiting for new paperwork to clear on a new gun, than having an unreliable piece of junk. If that gun is a clone of a Sig 226, I'm a clone of Superman. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom