• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AverageGuy

Jun 17, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Has any business owners considered getting a business cell phones as means of justifying a 24/7 work situation? Not a personal phone doubling as a business phone, purely business.

My restriction is based on employment not conducting business but I always keep the Gov phone and ID on me just in case some bored county or city cop can’t read.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Has any business owners considered getting a business cell phones as means of justifying a 24/7 work situation? Not a personal phone doubling as a business phone, purely business.

My restriction is based on employment not conducting business but I always keep the Gov phone and ID on me just in case some bored county or city cop can’t read.

Bless your heart, you don't have a clue.

Most business owners have a business phone and do a little personal communication with it.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Bless your heart, you don't have a clue.

Most business owners have a business phone and do a little personal communication with it.

Not that the distinction matters, on the side of the road. You could be doing business or expecting a business related TXT or even a damn one word Tweet on your 13 year old niece’s borrowed pink iPhone with unicorn and princess stickers on it. The MSP says it’s just a matter of asserting that you’re doing business. If you’re in a traffic stop and who owns the phone is a hot topic, you’ve already handled the situation in the wrong way.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Not that the distinction matters, on the side of the road. You could be doing business or expecting a business related TXT or even a damn one word Tweet on your 13 year old niece’s borrowed pink iPhone with unicorn and princess stickers on it. The MSP says it’s just a matter of asserting that you’re doing business. If you’re in a traffic stop and who owns the phone is a hot topic, you’ve already handled the situation in the wrong way.

I don't disagree with you but my point being I haven't had a phone in my personal name in over two decades. Jr over there is acting like he's stumbled on some sort of epiphany moment.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I have not had a personal phone either , for as long as cell phones have been around , pagers before that .

What MSP and State officials as well as courts don't understand or even don't want to admit is small businesses are run by owners that have to work and mix business with pleasure . If i am out to dinner i will plan a stop at Home Depot or another store to pick something up for a job the next day just because i combine trips and duties as an owner .

I can not afford a parts runner , or delegate that out to others . Yes the restrictions are vague and are in place for a nefarious reasons by our King . I feel the state will have to give up this charade down the road . If they (state) keep pushing back it will end up in court and hopefully a high court .

Last edited:

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KevinK View Post
    Congratulations.

I wonder what happens if you are forced to defend yourself/family while eating dinner at a restaurant. I'm fairly sure the 'powers that be' will determine you were not "engaged in any on-site or off-site business activity for MyBPM, LLC"

The Free State indeed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This ^^^^^

Ask yourself this question. Would the Frosh-hole try to prosecute me? I would say that in most circumstances of self defense that answer is yes. Why yes he would!

MdGunFiend

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 26, 2012
    what is this y'all not having a phone in your name?
    so you needed a job of some sort to have a cellphone?

I would think millions of people would have a phone in their name, if its a personal phone....Plenty jobs don't give out company phones

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    what is this y'all not having a phone in your name?
    so you needed a job of some sort to have a cellphone?

I would think millions of people would have a phone in their name, if its a personal phone....Plenty jobs don't give out company phones

tenor.gif

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County

Most addressing that topic here own/run their own businesses. No point paying after-tax dollars for your phone service when it can come off the company's bottom line before the tax man starts counting. To whatever extent Officer/Trooper Friendly is thoroughly researching your right-this-moment working status (as it relates to permit restrictions) it may (though likely not) be helpful to hold up that "work phone" as part of the discussion. It should never come to that, though.

MdGunFiend

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 26, 2012
    This is a whole lotta bullschit, but, I'll just respond to the "picnic" issue.

You claimed that if someone was at a park having a picnic they were likely outside of their restrictions. I gave an example of how that could very easily NOT be the case.

Most addressing that topic here own/run their own businesses. No point paying after-tax dollars for your phone service when it can come off the company's bottom line before the tax man starts counting. To whatever extent Officer/Trooper Friendly is thoroughly researching your right-this-moment working status (as it relates to permit restrictions) it may (though likely not) be helpful to hold up that "work phone" as part of the discussion. It should never come to that, though.

yeah it should never come to that
    so what I said stands, folks need a job/own business to have a phone
    still not sure how being out in tim buck tue, but being on the phone(personal or business owned ) talking about "business" that Maryland state police would consider you "on the job". Guess one would have to risk losing their permit to see

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    yeah it should never come to that
    so what I said stands, folks need a job/own business to have a phone
    still not sure how being out in tim buck tue, but being on the phone(personal or business owned ) talking about "business" that Maryland state police would consider you "on the job". Guess one would have to risk losing their permit to see

You are seriously dense.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Guess one would have to risk losing their permit to see

Not just risk losing the permit. Risk permanently losing your ability to own any more firearms, ever. Because if they find you're outside your restrictions, you're at that point (legally) no better than someone who has no permit whatsoever. Carrying a gun. Presto, you're a prohibited person for the rest of your life.

That exact scenario has been enough (in the past) to get the HPRB to see the light and lift restrictions in order to avoid that obvious jeopardy. Sounds like we're headed back to the days when you're always carrying around a wad of cash and a pending business account deposit slip or other similar theatrics just in case. Such nonsense.

MdGunFiend

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 26, 2012
    Not just risk losing the permit. Risk permanently losing your ability to own any more firearms, ever. Because if they find you're outside your restrictions, you're at that point (legally) no better than someone who has no permit whatsoever. Carrying a gun. Presto, you're a prohibited person for the rest of your life.

That exact scenario has been enough (in the past) to get the HPRB to see the light and lift restrictions in order to avoid that obvious jeopardy. Sounds like we're headed back to the days when you're always carrying around a wad of cash and a pending business account deposit slip or other similar theatrics just in case. Such nonsense.

Agreed

And yes, I used to keep a deposit slip in the car lol. So I I got pulled I would say I'm going to make a deposit, just to 'fit' into their restriction. Because mine was to and from the places of business and it said to and from bank.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Agreed

And yes, I used to keep a deposit slip in the car lol. So I I got pulled I would say I'm going to make a deposit, just to 'fit' into their restriction. Because mine was to and from the places of business and it said to and from bank.
    Banks close at 5PM and aren't open on Sundays.

I mobile bank. Pay my CC on their app, transfer funds, deposit checks. I also generate and send business via the edeluxe app from my phone. I can do this 24/7, while parked in my car or sitting in public. Is anyone suggesting that if I intend to complete a financial transaction during the day using a company owned and paid for mobile device that I am not in fact conducting business?

How about 3AM in the parking lot a strip club? Is it not possible one wound still be fully within his/her restrictions?

How does a random blank deposit slip stuffed in your console do anything? Sounds like someone sitting in a park having lunch.....no WAY that guy should ever be armed.

Shoyo

Mar 27, 2018
    The concern is real! U gotta keep a couple racks on you at all times! hey if you're carrying cash currency you're within your restrictions. My point is that it all just boils down to money. If you got enough of it, they let you carry whenever. if you broke, you're a sub-citizen.

MdGunFiend

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 26, 2012
    You are seriously dense.

No, you are, obviously. Appears you have poor reading comprehension as well

Banks close at 5PM and aren't open on Sundays.

I mobile bank. Pay my CC on their app, transfer funds, deposit checks. I also generate and send business via the edeluxe app from my phone. I can do this 24/7, while parked in my car or sitting in public. Is anyone suggesting that if I intend to complete a financial transaction during the day using a company owned and paid for mobile device that I am not in fact conducting business?

How about 3AM in the parking lot a strip club? Is it not possible one wound still be fully within his/her restrictions?

How does a random blank deposit slip stuffed in your console do anything? Sounds like someone sitting in a park having lunch.....no WAY that guy should ever be armed.

eh....are you in the United states? here we have things called ATMS . they are open 24/7, you know you can deposit checks and cash in them right? why do you think we have to go into a bank when its open to make a deposit???????

MARYLAND state gives guns for currency, not mobile/digital transactions. If police find out all you are doing is making money transactions digitally, they will revoke your permit, ASAP. My interview they wanted deposit receipts, showing money, not some electronic trail. You had to show some some of currency involvement if money was why you got a permit

a deposit slip shows you are prepared to make an actual deposit. coupled with a hundreds or more dollars, looks good to comply with bank drop. and yes they make deposit slips for cash for ATMS!!! Although a lot now you don't need them, but I got my first permit in 1996 and we indeed used deposit slips

The concern is real! U gotta keep a couple racks on you at all times! hey if you're carrying cash currency you're within your restrictions. My point is that it all just boils down to money. If you got enough of it, they let you carry whenever. if you broke, you're a sub-citizen.

that's it. keep cash, get pulled over, say you're on your way to deposit the cash. profit

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    No, you are, obviously. Appears you have poor reading comprehension as well

eh....are you in the United states? here we have things called ATMS . they are open 24/7, you know you can deposit checks and cash in them right? why do you think we have to go into a bank when its open to make a deposit???????

MARYLAND state gives guns for currency, not mobile/digital transactions. If police find out all you are doing is making money transactions digitally, they will revoke your permit, ASAP. My interview they wanted deposit receipts, showing money, not some electronic trail. You had to show some some of currency involvement if money was why you got a permit

a deposit slip shows you are prepared to make an actual deposit. coupled with a hundreds or more dollars, looks good to comply with bank drop. and yes they make deposit slips for cash for ATMS!!! Although a lot now you don't need them, but I got my first permit in 1996 and we indeed used deposit slips

that's it. keep cash, get pulled over, say you're on your way to deposit the cash. profit

:lol::lol2:

Congratulations, you have just become the antifa of this thread.

And way to go posting up 20+ year old information as if it's all relevant today. Well done.

MdGunFiend

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 26, 2012
    :lol::lol2:

Congratulations, you have just become the antifa of this thread.

And way to go posting up 20+ year old information as if it's all relevant today. Well done.

Like I said, poor reading comprehension. I said since 1996, stated the changes, and sine I had a permit up until a year ago, its relevant. Plus if you know anything about MARYLAND permits, you know when you renew, you still have to provide documents that you deal with cash, if that was your reason for the permit. I renewed it several times, so I am in the know about what permits require to be kept. Not much has changed in permit process in 20 years, even though you want to be stuck on 20 years ago, smh. Having the permit for 20 years kept me up to date on permits.That should be a basic understanding. You act like I got a permit 20 years ago for 1 year and that was it,smh.

Main valid reason for getting a permit back then was sums of cash if you're a business owner,same as it is today,since you still need a good and substantial reason. If you try to apply saying you're just a business owner and talk on the phone everywhere you go,do everything digital, and don't deal with cash or merchandise, they won't give you a permit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom