• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Same question, was the misspelled word in the same email?

Yes, exactly the same.

True on both accounts. I struggle with making bills less onerous vs. letting them pass laws about the integrated fully semi-automatic assault clipazine with the stock thingy that goes up, and then just taking them to court. If judges could be counted on the follow the law, I'd let everyone of their fustercluck bills go through. It's a real shame that Maryland continues to trample the rights of law-abiding citizens instead of punish the actual criminals.

I considered that too. Success would depend on which judge you get and there ain't many good ones.

Hogan proved to me he is a prick by signing 1302. He could have just let it go and got the same result. Instead he turned the fork after the beer brothers stuck it in gun owners. I will never forget the image of the moms who need some action surrounding the guvna.

Me either. That pic will be the one I associate with him from now on, unfortunately.

Hogan will never again get my vote.

Nor mine.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Bisleyfan44, I also liked your polite but unyielding response to the spin from Hogan's office. You raised an important point (that I've seen at least SG discuss in the past) which is the potential psychological harm and stress resulting from depriving property from a gun owner on the suspicion that they need mental health treatment. Which of course highlights the hypocrisy ... they don't really care about the individual ... they care about passing a flawed gun confiscation bill because it gives the appearance of them "doing something."

Pretty much sums it up :thumbsup:

BMiller

Feb 24, 2018
    Hogan played into the hands of the Dems here. Dems will not vote for him and now 2A people will not vote for either. See how easy that was to get him gone. Back to business as usual.

gcwood

Continental Soldier
    Jun 26, 2013
    Another Sell Out

I had really hoped for more out of Hogan but he apparently is just another politician. Due process?? Stringent guidelines? Any judge in Maryland will take your guns in a minute and good luck getting them back in ANY type of reasonable period of time. And DON'T think you will get everything back either.

Since when did the Deputy Chief of Staff oversee the STATE POLICE???!!!!! They do not have the staff to observe stringent due process. They couldn't even handle HQL training and dumped that on NRP/DNR!

LRoberts

Retired Master General El
    Oct 22, 2017
    SM County
    Here is the (canned) response from Gov Hogans ofc regarding my e-mail about the various bits of anti-firearms, anti-2A, legislation. Note the use of the term 'common sense policies' when it comes to his support of the legislation.... interestingly it is the same term used by the various gun grabbers... it makes one wonder, eh :?

""
    Dear Mr. xxxx:
    Thank you for your recent correspondence to Governor Hogan regarding laws governing the use of firearms in Maryland. The Governor appreciates your input and has asked me to respond on his behalf. As Deputy Chief of Staff, I oversee Maryland State Police, the state agency charged with registering and regulating firearms.
    As you may know, prior to the governor taking office, Maryland had already enacted some of the most stringent gun laws in the nation. In the current session of the Maryland General Assembly, there has not been any proposed legislation to implement new or extended waiting periods for the purchase of firearms, change the legal age restrictions for the purchase of firearms, or ban specific models or categories of firearms or ammunition.
    Governor Hogan supports the Second Amendment, and is also supportive of common sense policies to prevent individuals with mental illnesses or a violent criminal background from harming themselves or others with a firearm. In February, the Governor announced support for several targeted initiatives to protect Maryland citizens, including: legislation allowing family members or law enforcement to petition the court for an order that would prohibit an individual from possessing firearms or ammunition if they were deemed by a judge to be a danger to themselves or others; legislation to strengthen and clarify current law to prohibit an individual convicted of domestic violence from possessing firearms; and legislation that would prohibit the purchase, possession, or use a rapid fire trigger activator, also known as a "bump stock."
    When considering this and any proposed legislation addressing constitutional rights, the Hogan administration has consistently urged the Maryland General Assembly to require stringent due process, and will continue to do so. Than you again for sharing your concerns with the Governor. Being responsive to your concerns is a top priority of the Hogan Administration.
    Sincerely,

Walter F. "Pete" Landon
    Director, Governor's Office of Homeland Security
    Deputy Chief of Staff to Governor Hogan ""

This is just so much bullsh*t, since those "stringent" laws are already on the "books" and have been for decades. It's nothing more than a feel-good statement.

I hate form letters, you write to him and get a faux-answer from a flunky, sycophant ass. A toady.
    Pffft!

Mar 23, 2016
    Carroll County
    I had really hoped for more out of Hogan but he apparently is just another politician. Due process?? Stringent guidelines? Any judge in Maryland will take your guns in a minute and good luck getting them back in ANY type of reasonable period of time. And DON'T think you will get everything back either.

Since when did the Deputy Chief of Staff oversee the STATE POLICE???!!!!! They do not have the staff to observe stringent due process. They couldn't even handle HQL training and dumped that on NRP/DNR!

What do you mean about this 2nd paragraph? I dont follow / understand...

Mar 23, 2016
    Carroll County
    So disappointed in Hogan but not surprised. Assuming Hogan wins primary, where I’m definitely not voting for him, do I then vote for him in general election knowing (thinking at least) he least worse option compared to the current primary Dem challengers when it comes to the 2A? Could you imagine Jealous, Kamenetz, or wacko Manning...

Or do I stick with my principles and not even vote in general if Hogan is R(INO)? I’m leaning towards principles all the while knowing the consequences of one of those PoS Dems candidates and that Hogan needs every last vote in a Gov election in this state.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Lotta noise, not much music from the new crowd...

Threat of 2A death by drowning or fire?

I can swim for a while and Dems would love to see us all burn.

Sounds like some folks would rather sit at home and pout while they light the fires.

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    For the past 40 years the anti-gun crowd has said the same thing. The NRA doesn't want to compromise. First, I wish that were true. Two, what they mean by compromise is that that we give up something and they agree not to get everything they want. Thus, we lose and they agree not to gain as much as they hoped. Compromise would be, to me, we give up bump stocks and they agree to make Maryland a "shall issue" CCW state!

That's actually real compromise. Not what they want. Their idea of compromise is, you give up your AR-15 and we'll let you keep your Mini-14. The next time it's, you give up semi-autos and we agree to let you keep revolvers! Then, you give up centerfire ammunition and we let you keep .22LR rimfire. See?

How much more "common sense" can you get??? Yet that's exactly what they mean when they say "compromise."

Does anyone recall the famous American Committee for DEFENSE of British Homes ad that appeared in U.S. publications during World War II?

Next time it'll be Australia asking for our guns when China invades! And my answer will be: "You just hold on there and I'll be right back with my firearms. And if I'm not back by midnight, just keep on waiting!"

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

Does anyone recall the famous American Committee for DEFENSE of British Homes ad that appeared in U.S. publications during World War II?

Next time it'll be Australia asking for our guns when China invades! And my answer will be: "You just hold on there and I'll be right back with my firearms. And if I'm not back by midnight, just keep on waiting!"

I don't know if this is accurate, but I've heard that many of the guns sent over were destroyed after the war. Maybe there was no mechanism to return them to their original owners. Would hope that they at least tried returning them to the US en masse.

As per the continually ceding on increasing firearms restrictions, Hogan, in gleefully signing legislation (and likely signaling to Republican leadership in the legislature weeks before that he would) has helped move the needle so the new objectives will be mag possession bans (for greater than 10 rd capacity) and stricter sales of long guns including possible bans on currently permitted centerfire semiautomatic rifles. Given the opportunity, I wouldn't be surprised if he would have signed a mag possession ban if it made it to his desk after seeing Hogan fold completely on gun issues this session. I do wonder who helped stop this (e.g. maybe some Democrats with power in the legislature).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

S

sig226

Seriously?

It's just bizarre reading some of the posts and comments on this thread.

You'd rather vote for someone who is clearly anti-2A (like former Gov O'Malley) than someone like Hogan who at least is neutral?

Those of you that think this way should move to the anti-2A Northeastern US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom