• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    Into a tree trimmer! Video to follow I hope.

Every summer we go on vacation to the family cabin in WV. Well the trees needed trimmed so we could put in DirecTV and one of the limbs that needed downed was 8-10 inches in diameter. The rest of the family started wailing on it with some AR-15s and .22s while I quietly loaded up 5 slugs into my factory mag.

My uncle was the first to notice me setting up and was like "wtf is that?" "Oh, it's Matilda," I replied. He still looked confused, so I continued, "it's an AK-47 chambered in 12ga." *evil grin*

The deck full of people got real quiet and watched me not thinking I'd hit it at 50 yards. Well, Chad makes one helluva gun. My first slug hit exactly where they wanted the limb cut so I called that one the target and proceeded to put the rest of my magazine into a group maybe bigger than a clay pigeon? All of the bark splots overlapped and chunks of oak flew out of the back. I set down the shotgun so that everyone else could play with the ARs and .22s. Tree trimming is a time honored tradition in our family and I didn't want to spoil it.

Another uncle asked me what the gun was and I explained. I loaded three slugs into the box mag and gave him a quick lesson. He lined up, everyone else watched and his first slug hit right where he was aiming. More wood flew and was met with more laughter. Then my uncle put another slug into it and it snapped off dropping a 20 foot long, 8-10" thick limb into the river.

Supposedly, it's all on tape and should play out like that. Then I loaded the 20 round drum with bird shot and cleared leaves out of the way. Guns are so damn useful :D

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Supposedly. I bought it on consignment from 2A a few years ago. I'll have to pop by and see if that's true.

Please do so I can confirm or deny. I have seen a few so called "Chad Conversions" sold that I never have touched. I have records of every gun I have ever worked on.

I also used to offer "tiered" pricing, I ovvered budget conversions, mid grade, and premium. I decided about 2 years ago that I was only going to do the premium conversions because they have all of the work needed that should be done.

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    I learn something new here every day - I never would have thought of trimming trees with guns - too bad I cant do it here...

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    I learn something new here every day - I never would have thought of trimming trees with guns - too bad I cant do it here...

I'll do that. Any idea when you'll be floating around the shop?

Pics!

Attachments

• 2012-08-05_12-24-45_578.jpg
      2012-08-05_12-24-45_578.jpg
      107.5 KB · Views: 144
    • 2012-08-03_19-16-00_364.jpg
      2012-08-03_19-16-00_364.jpg
      80.8 KB · Views: 144

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    any branches on that pine tree on the left that look "broken"? Nope, trimmed with the .22lrs/whatever else we have handy. It's not my fault, it works REALLY well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom