• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Seeing as the Taco Bell next to it has a sign saying its a "community police station" (or something like that), you know what kind of area it is...;)

:lol: yeah.. and yet.. havent seen any police that go there.. (at least during lunch time) :cop::shrug:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Another incident last night with a new member with a zero post count contacting classifieds ad poster trying to solicit illegal transactions.

The member was banned.

Be alert. The world needs more lerts.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I've notice a bunch of surveillance by law enforcement members posing as Mods.

Chris L

Bite me
    Oct 31, 2007
    Catonsville
    I've notice a bunch of surveillance by law enforcement members posing as Mods.

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.jpg

Last edited:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Just to give you folks an idea of the things that really do occur here that we have to deal with to keep the place functioning and a safer environment for you to enjoy.

A PM exchange between the most recent shady new member and one of our long time members:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Banned Newbie
    raised
    IM IN BALTIMORE AND I NEED SOME PROTECTION FOR MY HOME AND MY MOM BECAUSE IM GOING INTO THE ARMY IN 8 MONTHS AND IF ANYTHING HAPPENED TO MY MOM I WOULD WILD THE HELL OUT AND I WANT TO DO A PRIVATE SALE WHICH IS FULLY LEGAL IN MD AND I WILL PAY EXTRA FOR DELIVERY,I HAD A YUGOSLAVIAN SKS CARBINE BUT I SOLD IT ON GUNBROKER BUT I ALWAYS WANTED ANOTHER 1 ILL PAY THE PRICE PLEASE HELP ME BTW IM 22 YEARS OLD NO FELONYS NEVER ARRESTED IM ENLISTED IN THE US ARMY SO THAT SPEAKS FOR MY RECORD AND I NEED SOME HELP IF YOU CAN SPARE PLEASE? I LIVE IN BALTIMORE CITY

Long standing MDS member responded:

That's a lot of capital letters. Do you have a phone number I can call you on?

Shady Newbie responded:
    hi i messaged you before but my pc was stolen so thats why i took so long to respond i still need to buy a firearm and i do not have transportation to get to any nice gun shops i live in baltimore and i am a heart patient my son talked to you about an sks

Long standing MDS member responded:
    I don't have the sks any longer but I'd be glad to get you to a gun shop so you can buy something to protect yourself with

Shady Newbie responded:
    you dont have anything else to sell ill pay more for convenience

kimsmells

Feb 15, 2010
    Maryland
    Just to give you folks an idea of the things that really do occur here that we have to deal with to keep the place functioning and a safer environment for you to enjoy.

A PM exchange between the most recent shady new member and one of our long time members:

WOW. Did he really think that he was making a single bit of sense?? :sad20:

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    ...I WOULD WILD THE HELL OUT...

WTF does that mean??

Seriously though, it is an interesting ploy to use capitals and lower case to try and portray two different personalities. While at first glance it seems to be a stupid person, I sense a bit more intelligence here.

Norton, thanks for the glimpse behind the curtain, all you guys really do a bang up job. :party29:

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    This sort of thing I worry about with MDS a lot. I worry the most about Bloomberg croonies trying to solict illegal activity or information on subverting the laws.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    100,000 catches can be thrown away by one miss and make MDS front page poster children by the media.

The mods do great work here keeping the crap in check. :bowdown:

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    Update:

The MIQ (member in question) responded with an apology for not being aware of the laws and we forwarded him/her the appropriate information.

Please let us know if anything else transpires.

DD214,

I for one admit to being ignorant of the MD laws, especially when I first PCS'ed in. On several occasions I have learned that the hoops I'm used to jumping through are not necessary.

If you have a primer on what we all should know..Perhaps it should be a Sticky?

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    Maybe impose a 6 month wait for buyers just like the 50 post min for sellers.
    The 6 months will give them time to learn and read the laws

gruube

Feb 19, 2008

Just reading that makes me wonder. Would the army actually take a jackoff like that. Red flags woop woop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom