• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Hopefully, AG Madigan will have to answer 7/9. The dog eating the homework is out and no more extensions.

zenMonkey

Patriot Picket
    Mar 30, 2013
    I wish the legislature would not override the veto. Talk about a political middle finger to Quinn.

Peaceful John

May 31, 2011
    It's always unwise for morals to peer into Illinois politics, but Quinn's expected amendatory veto could have interesting consequences. We're watching a menange a trois (Governor Quinn; Michael Madigan, Speaker of the House and head of the Illinois Democrat party, and his daughter Lisa Madigan, Illinois Attorney General. It is thought that Quinn and Madigan fille will contest the govenorship in November, 2014. Assumedly, Madigan pere supports his daughter. Thus the table is set.

With his amendatory veto Quinn has now punted to the Madigans. The legislature passed the CCW bill only with pere's support. If that support is withdrawn, the veto over-ride fails. The question is whether or not, in pere's mind, fille is better served going into the gubernatorial election with (a) Quinn positioned as the stronger on gun control (in which case pere continues to support the bill and Quinn's restrictive amendments are accepted) or (b) pere withdraws his support and fille kicks the matter into SCOTUS's hands. I think the chances are a little over 50/50 that the latter event would enhance fille's political cover, so that's the peg I'm going to hang my hat on. I surmise that Lisa Madigan, Illinois Attorney General, will request cert for Moore.

McDonald. Moore. Illinois, the gift that keeps on giving.

Last edited:

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    I'll be very interested to see what it looks like once people in Illinois actually have their CCW's in hand. Until then, it's all just academic. I hope this ridiculous circus gets over with so we can get back to freeing MD from the anti gun regime and then go to work on NJ.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I'll be very interested to see what it looks like once people in Illinois actually have their CCW's in hand. Until then, it's all just academic. I hope this ridiculous circus gets over with so we can get back to freeing MD from the anti gun regime and then go to work on NJ.

This one move will take care of all that at the Supreme Court.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Not everyone here speaks French. Maybe you should explain.

I'll jump in on that one. :) "Menage a Trois" refers literally to a sexual relationship among 3 people, all of whom willingly participate in the arrangement, usually in the same household. I think the poster is using it in a more tongue-in-cheek sense here as a trio of people engaged in illegitimate endeavor. "pere" is simply "father"

On the larger point, I hope Quinn does veto it and the legislature fails to override, thereby forcing a cert petition that won't be mooted. I *want* the court to take this case.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Generally, he seems to be admitting that there will be carry, and that concealed should be the way.

Some of the conditions he's reportedly considering, however, are going to create some real problems for folks.

He would probably like to see his constituents as free to carry as we are in the "free state".

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    France's only real contribution to mankind was "french". And excellent condition milsurps. (Never fired dropped once)

LOL! on the milsurplus. But while I take your general point on the populace, I differ on whether they have made any contribution. The best of the French wine is wonderful (of course it is grown on American roots) The cheese is incredible and the countryside, especially in the Alps, is quite beautiful. The cities, save for Paris, leave a lot to be desired but then I feel that way about most cities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom