• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    For the ones that have their W$C permit. Has anyone requested a replacement permit to just have incase something happen to your permit like wallet gets stolen or lost?

i am scared that i am out with my sidearm loose my wallet then not be able to produce it when asked. If i had a copy i can keep in my vehicle.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    We live in 2022. Take a picture of it on your phone. Or if you are still using a flip phone, use a Xerox from the bingo hall office and put that paper copy in your vehicle. The permit number is going to be the same even if you “lose your wallet”.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    IIRC, when they issue a replacement they give you a new permit # and revoke the old permit so it can’t be used by someone else. Pretty sure they only issue replacements for lost/stolen.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    For the ones that have their W$C permit. Has anyone requested a replacement permit to just have incase something happen to your permit like wallet gets stolen or lost?

i am scared that i am out with my sidearm loose my wallet then not be able to produce it when asked. If i had a copy i can keep in my vehicle.
    If you request a replacement, your current one becomes void in the system.

We live in 2022. Take a picture of it on your phone. Or if you are still using a flip phone, use a Xerox from the bingo hall office and put that paper copy in your vehicle. The permit number is going to be the same even if you “lose your wallet”.

This ^^^

Good idea for all ID’s and licenses. (Remember to use passlock on your phone.)
    The law says the physical card has to be in your possession when carrying.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD

Then go to your vehicle remove your gun from your person, unload it, holster it, lock it up separate from the ammo and go home. This is a legal transport by MD law, then file for a file for a replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom