• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    The fact that Tester and McCaskill are filibustering Gorsuch should disabuse us all of the notion that 8 Democrats will support this bill.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    There is more than one way to get this done. It could also be attached to another bill as an amendment which only would require 51 votes. No one ever said we'd get 60 votes. Your post would indicate that cloture is the only way it can be accomplished. Several people have pointed out other ways this can be done.

No one thought we'd get an NPS carry bill either.

We did.

Last edited:

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    There is more than one way to get this done. It could also be attached to another bill as an amendment which only would require 51 votes. No one ever said we'd get 60 votes. Your post would indicate that cloture is the only way it can be accomplished. Several people have pointed out other ways this can be done.

No thought we'd get an NPS carry bill either.

We did.

I hope so, I'm just having visions of the spineless GOP pushing for a straight vote, claiming "Sorry, we tried, but Democrats blocked us" and moving on.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV

No one thought we'd get an NPS carry bill either.

We did.

How does that work? In the past all amendments have required 60 except budget bills.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Attaching it to a another bill requires 51 votes. M yunderstanding is the attachment only requires 51 votes. The Dems wanted the CC reform Act in 2009 and it was attached to that.

51 votes to attach. 60 votes for cloture for the bill they really want and will vote for

If I'm wrong then I apologize

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Attaching it to a another bill requires 51 votes. M yunderstanding is the attachment only requires 51 votes. The Dems wanted the CC reform Act in 2009 and it was attached to that.

51 votes to attach. 60 votes for cloture for the bill they really want and will vote for

If I'm wrong then I apologize

Well, yes, 60 votes for cloture. Seems if you don't have 60 for reciprocity, then you'd have to offer the Dems (or at least, 8 of them) something that would get the 60 for cloture.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    yes, but the attachment of the bill to something the Dems want is only 51 votes. that's why it needs to be attached to a bill the Dems do want, making 60 votes more doable.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    yes, but the attachment of the bill to something the Dems want is only 51 votes. that's why it needs to be attached to a bill the Dems do want, making 60 votes more doable.

Yes but assumes the dems want to pass anything it will most likely be them that threaten to shut down the gov't this time around and of course it will be Bush's... no Trump's fault . :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom