• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    Sen. Al Franken may be announcing his resignation tomorrow. If that happens, then only need 59 votes for cloture. It’s also possible a Republican could win his Senate seat given how well Trump did in that state.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Sen. Al Franken may be announcing his resignation tomorrow. If that happens, then only need 59 votes for cloture. It’s also possible a Republican could win his Senate seat given how well Trump did in that state.

Does the governor appoint an interim or is there special election in his state?

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    Nothing wrong with optimism! But yeah...this is actually why I don't like the NRA being anti-Democrats all the time. I know it's a balancing act. But it sure would be nice if they had spent some time cultivating Ds who represent pro-2a states. Instead, all the Ds sort of have to be against this as a matter of party doctrine. But that's a different discussion entirely!

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008

Yeahbut....

That special election won't happen until after this comes to a vote (if it comes to a vote this Congress).

Dec 6, 2017

There's a lesser known 2 hour rule that can be inacted. Now it won't be for this as it's rarely used. But Republicans could activate it. It limits each member to debate for a max of 2 hours and then not again until after the vote. Thereby eliminating a filibuster.

Is it going to pass the senate... Probably not. But I wouldn't insult people and tell them to get their head out of the clouds when you don't fully understand all the procedural stuff that is possible in the senate. And I definitely don't claim to understand all of it myself. But that 2 hour rule has been implemented in the past. But like I said I do agree with you that if I was a betting man I'd bet that it won't pass or even reach a vote.

Dec 6, 2017
    Sorry if that sounded like I was attacking just stating information. As I doubt many of us fully understand all the available possibilities that can occur in the senate and even the house. There's laws and rules even senators don't realize are there

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom