• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    By a 3 year Congresswoman, who followed her Congressman husband and his record Congressional term of 59 years, who himself followed his father's Congressional term of 22 years.

84 years of Dingell berries. Royal entitlement. They all think we work for them. No damn wonder we have these sorts of problems.

That right there is the problem. Career politicians are destroying this country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    My problem with non-winnable legislation is it's just another bite out of the elephant. Sure, this Bill will never pass, but it's built on other legislation upon even more legislation until one day, one of these Bills will gain traction. So, just don't discount any nutty, crazy, liberal sponsored Bill. They are here for the long haul and they feel that if they keep on trying, it will be in Americans' vernacular enough to allow a Bill like this to pass.

This also allows liberal politicians and pundits to casually point to the failure of a bill like this and say that the GOP and evil baby-killing NRA is "against common sense measures to save lives." That is their mantra, and it works all too well with the uninformed voters out there.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    I was told that Old John Dingell use to be a stand up Pro gun Democrat , NRA Board member , Big time hunter , a regular at the Poolsville Isaac Walton League , regular in Atlantic Guns .
    Till the Democrats needed his vote so badly for a Anti Gun Bill in 84 or 85 , it was the one that took new Machine Guns from the Peasant class, Mysteriously his son gets fast tracked for a Federal Judgeship way early in this career . The NRA kicked him off the Board and revoked his membership.
    Never Trust a Dingell

Last edited:

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    IMHO its only a matter of time before a civil war will break out over our 2A rights.

I need to get a ham radio and some hardtack.
    :patriot:

My 12 year old son has become very interested in the civil war and preserving our rights. This has been due to a rather strange chain of events involving him and me participating in a few Patriot Picket events, him picking up on some of my conversations about 2A rights in Maryland, him seeing the removal of confederate statues at nearly the same time as he's discovered his well documented family history of civil war service including a related family that had 7 of their boys fight, family members imprisoned at Point Lookout, a family member who was a confederate general, and a family member who was the governor of Georgia during the the civil war era. I was talking with him the other evening after our visit to Annapolis and he started going where 12 year old boys let their mind go and that's asking me if I would take up arms against an unjust country, even if it was our own. I tried to give him a non answer because frankly I didn't want him to go there, I wanted him to fully understand the legislative process (even if we despise the result), and of course I didn't want him to think I'm a nut. So in the course of giving him my non answer I mentioned that guns are absolutely positively the very last resort and I would really like to raise him and not spend his formative years in prison. I did tell him though that I thought it was worth dying in order for him to live and raise his own children in a free country. To that he asked, what about Lincoln? Lincoln is his 8 month old nephew, my grandson. A twelve year old is concerned about an 8 month old being able to grow up in a free country. My son is a patriot in the truest sense. He sees through the nonsense of banning bumpstocks and trying to legislate evilness away as if a gun-free zone sign will stop a murderous psychopath. A twelve year old sees it, but a 50 year old attorney holding public office can't see it.
    To the OP's point, I don't think we'll see a shooting civil war over our 2nd amendment rights but I think we need to have the mindset that its possible. Also everyone should have a piece of history tucked away inside them knowing that someone came before us who was willing to lay down their lives for our freedom and everyone should have a Lincoln they know who they're willing to help keep free. Vote, write, call, demonstrate, give money, do whatever it takes to keep liberty alive.

Learning history at the State House
    i-RJ8q2zJ-L.jpg

Making history at the State House
    i-77BpKqh-L.jpg

i-QQJF4fd-L.jpg

Watching the sausage being made
    i-HggLQV2-L.jpg

Watching the sausage makers watching videos on their phones instead of concerning themselves with how the sausage turns out
    i-KZTLRF6-L.jpg

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Dingell stressed that seizure of firearms must occur in a way that protects due process, but she did not explain how such protection is possible.

Sure, we'll take your guns but you must trust us to hear your case............... someday. :sad20:

jessebogan

Feb 25, 2012
    The Constitution would never have been ratified without the "Bill of Rights". It is a contract between "We the People", and the people WE elect to govern us. The reality is,they are already discarding the contract,but the 2A is an absolute line in the sand for me. My ancestors fought to carve America out of the wilderness,and have been here since long before there was an America. There is no way on earth I can sit by and let the Commies win.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    It's been some strange change to see.

I was in the House Energy and Commerce Committee hearing room in the Rayburn House Office Building in the late 1980's. It was an after-hours party. We were celebrating the retirement of the committee staff director, or maybe it was his personal office chief of staff (last name was Touhy, but I no longer recall his first name) hired by the Chairman John Dingell. He opened a gift from Chairman Dingell. It was a shot gun that he hoisted over his head, to the applause of all assembled.

It was some time in 1987 that I was walking in the Rayburn garage, I think the G2 level, and walked past Dingell, who had a shotgun perched on his shoulder while walking among the parked cars. He was either on his way in or out from a trip to the range, or going hunting.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I need to get a ham radio and some hardtack.
    :patriot:

My 12 year old son has become very interested in the civil war and preserving our rights. This has been due to a rather strange chain of events involving him and me participating in a few Patriot Picket events, him picking up on some of my conversations about 2A rights in Maryland, him seeing the removal of confederate statues at nearly the same time as he's discovered his well documented family history of civil war service including a related family that had 7 of their boys fight, family members imprisoned at Point Lookout, a family member who was a confederate general, and a family member who was the governor of Georgia during the the civil war era. I was talking with him the other evening after our visit to Annapolis and he started going where 12 year old boys let their mind go and that's asking me if I would take up arms against an unjust country, even if it was our own. I tried to give him a non answer because frankly I didn't want him to go there, I wanted him to fully understand the legislative process (even if we despise the result), and of course I didn't want him to think I'm a nut. So in the course of giving him my non answer I mentioned that guns are absolutely positively the very last resort and I would really like to raise him and not spend his formative years in prison. I did tell him though that I thought it was worth dying in order for him to live and raise his own children in a free country. To that he asked, what about Lincoln? Lincoln is his 8 month old nephew, my grandson. A twelve year old is concerned about an 8 month old being able to grow up in a free country. My son is a patriot in the truest sense. He sees through the nonsense of banning bumpstocks and trying to legislate evilness away as if a gun-free zone sign will stop a murderous psychopath. A twelve year old sees it, but a 50 year old attorney holding public office can't see it.
    To the OP's point, I don't think we'll see a shooting civil war over our 2nd amendment rights but I think we need to have the mindset that its possible. Also everyone should have a piece of history tucked away inside them knowing that someone came before us who was willing to lay down their lives for our freedom and everyone should have a Lincoln they know who they're willing to help keep free. Vote, write, call, demonstrate, give money, do whatever it takes to keep liberty alive.

Learning history at the State House
    i-RJ8q2zJ-L.jpg

Making history at the State House
    i-77BpKqh-L.jpg

i-QQJF4fd-L.jpg

Watching the sausage being made
    i-HggLQV2-L.jpg

Watching the sausage makers watching videos on their phones instead of concerning themselves with how the sausage turns out
    i-KZTLRF6-L.jpg

:mdpatriot: Thanks to both of you for being true patriots

JaegerJason

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 1, 2018
    "A twelve year old sees it, but a 50 year old attorney holding public office can't see it."

They can see it. They are evil. What will it take to convince you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom