• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    I still want to find a #4 in .22LR, but this really scratched an itch I have had for awhile!

Chooks9,
    Simpsons Ltd has at least 4 No4 22 Training rifles and an original 22 conversion kit on their website.
    I don't work for them, just peruse their site and have always been treated well, though some of their prices on consignments are prayers.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    Looks like I'm now adding one soon as well. Just snagged one out of an auction.

Photos?

I would also stock up on some Prvi ammo. Also, the rifling in these rifles isn't cut super deep, so don't be surprised if you feel like your barrel is toast. Mine has a very tight bore but appears to be quite worn, but ever single Rolling Block #5 I looked at was no better.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    Chooks9,
    Simpsons Ltd has at least 4 No4 22 Training rifles and an original 22 conversion kit on their website.
    I don't work for them, just peruse their site and have always been treated well, though some of their prices on consignments are prayers.

I actually looked at some of their Lee Enfield No4 rifles awhile back...I thought $900 was a bit steep to say the least, especially when I have seen them around $600-700 at gun shows in the last few months. I was more looking for a Remington Rolling Block #4 in .22LR, though.

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    Photos?

I would also stock up on some Prvi ammo. Also, the rifling in these rifles isn't cut super deep, so don't be surprised if you feel like your barrel is toast. Mine has a very tight bore but appears to be quite worn, but ever single Rolling Block #5 I looked at was no better.

https://centurionauctions.hibid.com/lot/39707658/remington-model-1901-rolling-block-7mm-rifle

I think you'll be jealous of the price ;)

Also I got some 7mm already, but plan to buy a crate load of PRVI as soon as I can. Also, these were originally cut for old Spanish 7x57 round nose, so the rifling being shallow is not too surprising.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    https://centurionauctions.hibid.com/lot/39707658/remington-model-1901-rolling-block-7mm-rifle

I think you'll be jealous of the price ;)

Also I got some 7mm already, but plan to buy a crate load of PRVI as soon as I can. Also, these were originally cut for old Spanish 7x57 round nose, so the rifling being shallow is not too surprising.

You straight up stole that one! Nice!

I bought mine from a selection of about five Rolling Block #5 rifles at the Oaks Extravaganza. Mine was the second cheapest but probably the best condition (save for a nice Model 1910 7mm that had a wonderful bore and a good stock, but had been reblued). The cheapest was a $500 Model 1901, then mine, then the aforementioned Model 1910 for $725, a Model 1896 for $750, and then what I believe was a Model 1897 for $900. When I bought mine, a couple of guys said that any #5 Rolling Block in the $600-700 range was a good deal as long as it's shootable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom