Remington Gets Back in the 1911 Game....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I received this in an email from Remington:

After nearly a century, Remington returns to its rightful place as the manufacturer of one of America's most revered handguns; the 1911. From the moment you wrap your hand around it's double diamond grips and lay your finger on the polished aluminium of the telltale short trigger, you'll know first-hand why the 1911 has such a devoted following. And modern enhancements make the best even better. The 1911 R1 features a flared and lowered ejection port; beveled magazine well; loaded chamber indicator; high profile dovetailed single-dot front and two-dot rear sights; a crisp 3.5 - 5 pound trigger pull; and a match grade stainless steel barrel and barrel bushing. It also has the Series 80-style firing pin block safety.

The Remington 1911 R1 is hand-crafted and shipped from Ilion, New York-- the birthplace of Remington Arms-complete with a custom carry case, two seven-round magazines and a barrel bushing wrench. So you can be assured of all the pride, precision and out-of-the-box performance you've come to expect from the Remington branded products.

For more information on this once-in-a-lifetime sidearm, visit the all new 1911 R1 website- www.1911r1.com.

The rebirth begins in June 2010. So talk to your select dealer today, and reserve your place in owning a piece of firearm history. The Remington 1911 R1

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I wish them luck. I have no real interest in the gun, but good luck to them anyway.

SVrider

Nov 22, 2008
    St.Louis
    yes its good to see another 1911 manufacture, can never have enough 1911's. Im not sure i like the roll mark though, too pronounced i think, maybe the location... Either way :thumbsup:

gunconnection

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2008
    rem1911r1.jpg

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    I like it but the rollmark does make it look like a billboard. I wonder if it is a $699 1911?, because it looks pretty plain and standard to me (and if theyre going for the classic look they shoulda toned down the rollmark).

Does that multi tool come with it or is it extra? I wouldnt buy the tool but it would be a cool bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mr88

Latest threads

Top Bottom