• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rfdallas

Feb 18, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    Today I was Driving with my wife and was Passing The Gun Center. I really dont like that place. I went in anyway to find some .22 ammo. I cant find it anywhere. They had Bulk Remington .22. when i looked at the price $28.00 for Bulk i asked if this was a mistake and he said no thats the price. I said i get this at Walmart for about $14.00. He says thats less then what he pays. I said thats what it cost there. he asks do they have any? i said they have been out for sometime. He says ok then and Laughs, thats the price. I walked out. Its double the price. Thats why i dont go there. Nasty Attitude. I go to Glade Valley and Gunrunners in Frederick. They are Fair. Anyone Know where i can get Bulk .22 Ammo?

Attachments

• remington bulk.jpg
      remington bulk.jpg
      39.4 KB · Views: 282

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Wait twice as long, pay half as much, get twice as much ammo.

:D

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    You have to be perisitent, last time I scored a few boxes, I pretty much visited the local Walmart every day...

Onua

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2008
    Carroll County
    so he is priced double his competitors because they are out of ammo?
    sorry I wouldn't buy water from him if we were in a drought

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Not near you, nut Dick's in Bel Air had 8 of those last night for $19.99

leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    Yeah, I like the Wally Federal brick too, but lately, it's been harder to find than 9mm!

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    I don't know how the gun center stays in business.

+1 to Wally World for .22. Put their number in your cell phone and everytime you are out call and ask for sporting goods. If you are EARLY on a Saturday... like b4 8:00 a.m. you an usually find ammo.

good luck!

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Dicks in Gaithersburg had at least 10 boxes of that stuff in stock on Friday for $19.99 after I bought my 4. I might be able to swing selling 2 boxes to you if they are out of stock here if you make it down this way. Don't sweat the tax and call it even $40 if you are interested.

Joe

saltydog

Thank You NRA
    Feb 13, 2009
    The State of confusion
    I just saw on another Forum that Walmart has been installing their seal on the boxes of ammo they sell. Apparently it says "If you see this being sold at other than Walmart please call this number"

A couple of clowns were busting on Walmart for this. I wrote when you guys who bust on Walmart go to buy ammo at there, you get pissed because they don't have any. But yet you think it's funny when you see the ammo with the Walmart sticker on it at a gun show selling for 100% plus mark-up.

Who's got the screwy ideas here? These places go out and buy all of the ammo from Walmart, and then sell it to the consumer at outrageous prices. I'm wondering if the idiots busting on Walmart have it figured out yet? It doesn't take a masters degree to figure it out, just common sense.

But as far as reporting these people who do this, darn right I'd call Walmart to report these shops who buy everything they can, and leave nothing for us the consumer. And I'd do it with pleasure. Only trouble is how are they going to prosecute these places? I guess we'll find out.

More than anything I guess Walmart wants us to boycott these shops who play these games. It's bad enough ammo is hard enough to find, but we don't need to pay double and get ripped off. This is an Obammanation, just like these bail outs!:rolleyes:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    basspro has remington golden and thunderbolt bulk packs....20 bucks though...hope ya brought ure lube

But as far as reporting these people who do this, darn right I'd call Walmart to report these shops who buy everything they can, and leave nothing for us the consumer. And I'd do it with pleasure. Only trouble is how are they going to prosecute these places? I guess we'll find out
    Prosecute them for what? Free market behavior? Exploiting a price point set by supply and demand? I don't know what Walmart thinks their stickers are good for. What can they do? Call and yell at them? All Walmart can do is ration, and all that does is drive up the demand.

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Prosecute them for what? Free market behavior? Exploiting a price point set by supply and demand? I don't know what Walmart thinks their stickers are good for. What can they do? Call and yell at them? All Walmart can do is ration, and all that does is drive up the demand.

They call the manufacturer of the ammo (who I am sure Walmart has an exclusive with for the particular packaging of ammo that they sell) and tell them what is going on. The next time the offending gun shop tries to place an order, he has to speak with someone regarding his behavior. If he is gets cut off from ordering from the manufacturer or wholesaler, he can't very well stay in business for too long. I'm sure if Remington had to decide whether to lose WalMart or the independant gun shop as a customer, they'll drop the gun shop like a bad habit.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    My luck is that I was buying up everything I coulf find, and I have like 10k rounds of 22lr. YOU try an load those 10-22 clips ...it gets old. I should part with one box, but I won't. I worked hard to get all the ammo I have now. Many phone calls, personal relationships with the staff at the sprting goods... mostly Geermantown and Hagerstown. I got a boat load, .38 spcl., .223, 9mm., and the .22lr. and then... all my guns got sunk in that canoe accident! Terrible... I am saving my ammo for my new guns....

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I feel bad for the local gun shops, but when they're generally charging 25% over Internet pricing on guns and double the price as Wal-Mart for ammo, well, I know where I'm shopping. As has been said, they can charge what they think they can get, but it's not exactly endearing me to sacrifice a bit to help them out, either.

I wonder if anyone has pointed out to the legislature the massive competitiveness hit that MD gun shops take with the seven day wait period. The one really big advantage that retail has over Internet is the immediate gratification factor, and that's totally gone with the wait period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom