• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    If all you want to do is take the rifle out once pre-deer season to sight in and sit in a stand for deer, they're perfect. If you want to do anything else, get a 700.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    The action on the 770 is tight. U have to force the bolt closed. U can get the marlin xl7 for about the same price. I was looking at the 770 but found lots of good alternatives which were about the same price. O to local gun shop, get a feel for the rifle and then u can order it online really cheap

Spitfire22V

Jul 12, 2010
    Frederick
    I have a 770. It's my first bolt-action, though it was a gift, not purchased by me. I wanted a 700, but I got the 770 instead. I'm still a novice shooter, but I have handled a 700 before, and it is definitely smoother than the 770. The 770's bolt is looser and wobbles more when being worked through it's motion. It's improving the more I shoot it though. I don't like the plastic trigger guard and safety switch, but other than that it's very nice. For the price, it is really a decent rifle. If your expectations for it are appropriate, then I think anyone would be happy with it. Again, take my opinion with a grain of salt, since I don't have much experience with other rifles.

Here's mine. Added a Wal-Mart bipod and a nylon round-holder on the stock (not pictured). I have less than 100 rounds of cheap surplus ammo through it.

Attachments

• Rem770 shooting.jpg
      Rem770 shooting.jpg
      65.9 KB · Views: 118
    • IMG_6858.jpg
      IMG_6858.jpg
      75.3 KB · Views: 116

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    For those of you who own your own small retail business, isn't it great that we provide a local spot for some folks to come try out all the neat stuff we carry, hold it, feel it, size, it so when they find what they like (at your store) they can go buy it cheaper on line? :sad20:

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    We only have one local gun store that has a lot of modern firearms. But their prices are $200 more than big name stores that are to far away to drive to. We have another store tho that we do all of our business through though when ordering online because they are just awesome to work with. The downside is the have mostly c&r guns or used guns when I wanna buy a brand new gun

BigMBobbyOP

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2011
    PA

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    We ended up not being able to buy off the site due to timing issues but that was what we were going to get if we were going to buy it. Either way, it still has pretty good groupings out at 100yds

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom