• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lennyk

Jan 11, 2013
    Woodbine
    Thank you....kind of thought so. I was wondering if the MSP thinks you could build a bolt action pistol in 308, lol.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Thank you....kind of thought so. I was wondering if the MSP thinks you could build a bolt action pistol in 308, lol.

Honestly, I had to sit there and think if there was any easily available way to do just that. :lol2:

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    varfinal_2.png

It has been done. But I think 4473 will be enough.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    When I bought my precision bolt action receiver it was on a 4473. I ways under 21 so application was denied. Neither me or the shop had heard of that until we looked through the questions in the back of the application. Ended up having to buy the barrel and the FFL installed it before I could redo the application and take it home. I picked up a Stiller r700 receiver. It is a very nice action.

lennyk

Jan 11, 2013
    Woodbine
    LocAtion of getting stripped lower? It’s been on my mind too

Most anyplace has these. Brownell's, cheaper than dirt, among other places carry the script Remington 700 receiver. From what I remember I think they were in the the $250.00 range. But again, this is absent the bolt and the trigger mechanism. Most every build I've seen, the Remington 700 Raceway is opened to 0.705 and then a custom Pacific tool engage bolt is used.

But then again, the Savage series 10 action is so much easier to build on. But in terms of aftermarket availability, the Remington 700 rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom