• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    I'm looking to have my Remington 700 SPS .308 OEM barrel replaced with a Noveske 18" threaded muzzle barrel as part of my rifle upgrade. I'd like to have a gunsmith who knows what he is doing do that for me here in The Montgomery County area. Any thoughts on how much this should be costing me? Heard the barrel is a bear to unscrew and special blocks are required and head spacing done.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    When did Noveske start making barrels for a Remmy 700???

Cause I'm not finding anything on their site...

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Just ship it out to a good rifle smith.

Short Action Customs or Longrifles, Inc are my two choices for this work.

And if it were MY rifle, I would have them install a Bartlein or Lilja or other top barrel, cut to length and properly thread (in case you ever want to use a suppressor).

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Just ship it out to a good rifle smith.

Short Action Customs or Longrifles, Inc are my two choices for this work.

And if it were MY rifle, I would have them install a Bartlein or Lilja or other top barrel, cut to length and properly thread (in case you ever want to use a suppressor).

:party29:
    Thanks I may go that route. That is precisely why I want a treaded muzzle so I can put my AAC can on it!

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Yea I noticed that their web page makes no mention of it but Midways site has them for 399.00

You sure it wasn't Shilen or AAC?

Cause there's nothing in 21 pages on midway.

(Waiting on someone, so I have time to kill.) :)

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    When did Noveske start making barrels for a Remmy 700???

Cause I'm not finding anything on their site...

Your right! Had Noveski on
    My brain after finishing my 300blk build with a 11.5 Noveski barrel . It was an AAC barrel I was referring to on my custom .308 700 SPS build.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I know that Thunder Beast recommends both SAC and LRI for threading services to ensure the barrel is threaded properly and safely for suppressor use.

Both are VERY fast turn around. I had my muzzle brake installed by SAC, it was in their shop less than 36 hours before shipping back. LRI just threaded a barrel for me, it took less than 2 business days (arrived Friday afternoon, shipped back Tuesday). They quote 96 hours max.

Installing and chambering will take longer.

scrub buck

Nov 1, 2013
    Why would you bother with such a venture when you can buy a new rem 700 sps tact with a 20" threaded bbl for 600 bucks shipped to your ffl ? By the time you buy the other bbl and have it installed You'll $600.00 deep. This way you have 2 guns . 2 700's are generally worth more than one. My.02

Sveiks

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 10, 2013
    Or get the 5R Milspec barrels that Remington puts on their 700s... Just a thought.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Why would you bother with such a venture when you can buy a new rem 700 sps tact with a 20" threaded bbl for 600 bucks shipped to your ffl ? By the time you buy the other bbl and have it installed You'll $600.00 deep. This way you have 2 guns . 2 700's are generally worth more than one. My.02

:thumbsup:you have a good point

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

Because a good aftermarket barrel is more accurate than a Rem factory barrel.

Especially if you want to run VLD bullets. They don't like to jump a lot and Rem factory chambers have VERY long throats/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom