• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slayr15

Avtomat Klashnikov Member
    Does anyone know of some aftermarket goodies for this boring remington 597 Its taking its toll and looks to plain

i have two of them not much out there for them cept krylon:D i know volqurtzen makes a trigger for them but theres not much else on the market some one might make a custom stock for them but i have yet to locate one myself. hi-caps(one's that work) are few and far between also.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    +1 on CCI Mini-Mags... My 597 loves them! Also, I have the metal mags and they work fine. I have only had a few malfunctions, with Remington Thunderbolt ammo not firing. Other than that, 100% reliable!

biohazard597

Bloodhound
    Jul 15, 2008
    Baltimore County
    +1 on CCI Mini-Mags... My 597 loves them! Also, I have the metal mags and they work fine. I have only had a few malfunctions, with Remington Thunderbolt ammo not firing. Other than that, 100% reliable!

+1 Ditto on the Thunderbolt ammo.

I was using Winchester HPs when I first got mine. Then, decided to try out the Remington Tbs, much to my disappointment. I had misfires on about 25% of the shots. Went back to using Winchesters and haven't had a problem.
    "Use Remington ammo, my a$$!"

Gonna try the CCI ammo next.

ThePhantomPatriot

Politically Incorrect
    I took my 597 to Delmarva today and used the CCI mini mag ammo and
    shot 200 rounds without a single jam--**--I will never use anything else
    again--gave the american eagles away to the range owner--damn near
    a whole brick.

** I was only loading 5 rounds per mag--didn't want to push my luck.

I love CCI ammo it almost never jams, but it does cost more. Remington is the second best ammo I've used and winchester is just cheap quality and jams alot. Get some CCI .22 CB Longs for your rifle, it is a low powder shot and sounds like a pellet gun going off. Obviously range is sacrificed, but it gives you the ability to shoot quietly.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    For the Volquartsen hammer (reduces trigger pull by 50%):
    https://www.volquartsen.com/product/278

For Nutmeg Stock:
    http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-319/Remington-597-Nutmeg-Sporter/Detail

My 597 also has a Harris Bipod and a slip-on recoil pad.

I put a VQ hammer in mine and my groups tightened up a lot. I'm getting usually .7" at 100 yds. One group this past weekend I had 2 rounds within .25" but I couldn't find the 3rd (unless it literally went in the same hole) because it was no where to be found on the target... might have been 3 in .25" but it's too good to be true! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom