• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rem700fan

Ammo Disposal Expert
    Jul 11, 2012
    Eastern Panhandle, WV
    Got a flyer from Bob's Army & Navy Store in Clearfield, PA today. They are advertising Remington Golden Bullet 22lr bucket of 1400 rounds for $64.65. Limit of 1 per customer for 3 days only March 22-24. They also are advertising some Hodgdon and IMR powders for $22.65/lb along with lots of hunting rifles, shotguns & handguns. The flyer also has a disclaimer saying they can not guarantee availibility of anything in the flyer. Might be worth taking the day off and getting in line at 1am for the 9am openning on the 22nd.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    haha... good plan.

tell everyone you'll have 22lr. put on a disclaimer saying that you may not have what is in the flyer.

bunch of people show up with cash in hand... no 22lr, spend money on your other inventory. Genius.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    haha... good plan.

tell everyone you'll have 22lr. put on a disclaimer saying that you may not have what is in the flyer.

bunch of people show up with cash in hand... no 22lr, spend money on your other inventory. Genius.

Rem700fan

Ammo Disposal Expert
    Jul 11, 2012
    Eastern Panhandle, WV
    haha... good plan.

Yeah thats kind of what I was thinking. May call the night before to see what the inventory is, even if I am not going, just to see what they say.
    Although I must say from past dealings with them, they are good people.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    haha... good plan.

They would legally have 1 have 1 bucket for sale but isn't the point of the flyer to get people to show up and spend money?

Although I have to admit I got lucky at wal-mart yesterday. The had just gotten in 10 555 boxes on Winchester White box around 23 bucks and 20 boxes of Remington 225 boxes for $9.96. That had already sold 9 boxes of the Winchester before I got there so I got 1 box of Winchester and 8 boxes of Remington. There were 3 of use shopping.

That got me 1,800 rounds for 80 bucks. So 1,350 rounds would have been around $60 so close in prices to that sales. PS. This is the 2nd time this month Wal-Mart has had some ammo in stock when I get there. They said that they had some 5.56 but it was all sold before I got there. Someone apparently waited 6 hours for it to be unloaded from the truck.

Thanks
    Robert

Devonian

Ultimate Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    I love Bob's! Haven't been there for years. I'd love to swing by there and then hit up Denny's for a 5 lb burger after.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    They would legally have 1 have 1 bucket for sale but isn't the point of the flyer to get people to show up and spend money?

Although I have to admit I got lucky at wal-mart yesterday. The had just gotten in 10 555 boxes on Winchester White box around 23 bucks and 20 boxes of Remington 225 boxes for $9.96. That had already sold 9 boxes of the Winchester before I got there so I got 1 box of Winchester and 8 boxes of Remington. There were 3 of use shopping.

That got me 1,800 rounds for 80 bucks. So 1,350 rounds would have been around $60 so close in prices to that sales. PS. This is the 2nd time this month Wal-Mart has had some ammo in stock when I get there. They said that they had some 5.56 but it was all sold before I got there. Someone apparently waited 6 hours for it to be unloaded from the truck.

Thanks
    Robert

>9 boxes of 22LR left in the entire store (1,800 rounds)
    >>Buys all of them
    >>> :banghead:

so, in your post you say, "that got ME 1,800..."
    I'm assuming these other 2 people with you just bought the ammo for you to skirt the 3 box limit? ugh. no wonder none of us can find ammo.

Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    I just scored two 225 rd boxes of rem golden bullets at the walmart for 9.99 each. It was the only 22LR in store of course but I have been stopping in there a few times a week after work checking for ammo and its the first time I scored anything so I guess I worked for it.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    In other Walmart news, I recently witnessed a "mentally challenged" man drop a load in the middle of the isle, right in front of the ammo case. Perhaps the more PC term would be "fecally gifted."

rustyrustic

Mar 7, 2013
    Although I must say from past dealings with them, they are good people.
    I have to agree with this. I just got back from a Pa. trip, and Bob's was one of the places we stopped while we were in the area. Ended up getting a CZ 452 while I was there. Great people to deal with, very friendly and helpful.

As of this afternoon, they didn't have much .22 at all. They had a little bit of expensive match grade ammo, and a few boxes of shorts. They did have some bulk Remington behind the counter reserved for folks buying rifles, so I got one 525 box.

RepublicanJD

Jul 16, 2014
    AA County
    I love Bob's! Haven't been there for years. I'd love to swing by there and then hit up Denny's for a 5 lb burger after.

I went there a couple years ago. Food was just awful. Service was worse. People certainly seem to love it, but it'll be a while before I try it again.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Walmart Germantown

this phenomenon of finding 22lr in walmart..might I inquire which walmart. I am striking out at mine in Germantown
    :envy:

Brother, I live in Germantown and try to never go to that cesspool. See the online reviews. Terrible store. I go to the Leesburg one either on my way to or from my data center in Sterling, VA. They have .22LR once in a while. Or the DSG in Ghettosburg at the RIO.

rayg5102

Apr 12, 2009
    Frederick
    I work in Germantown but live in Frederick. There are two in Frederick...not sure what that says about us....but I see 9mm in Frederick but have not seen any 22lr.

guess it's just hit or miss

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom