• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    Hopefully you can get a laugh out of this and I can get a solution. I have a small problem with my hogue grips on my Sig P226 22lr when shooting brass coated 22 ammo. Some of the brass dusting comes off on my hands when loading then transfers to the grips. As a result it appears that my grips on my sig have been spending too much time at a strip club. They're covered in a light layer of what would appear to be stripper glitter and I can't get the damn stuff off the grips. I like the grips, but don't want to have to sheepishly show the nice folks at on target my brass glittered grips whenever I check in.

Anyone else deal with getting the "glitter" of brass coated 22 off of your hogue stuff? Thanks.

Luke 12:49

A Good Ole Boy
    Feb 18, 2009
    Culvert County
    Sorry I can't help...that's never happened to me...but it is rather funny (your description that is)!

Perhaps you could try using some solvent on the grips...but the only thing I would worry about is if the solvent would ruin the grips of not?

Good Luck!

araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    It is pretty hilarious. My wife has started calling my Sig "Mercedes". Sadly I've tried CLP and Simple green with no success, I'm going to try tossing them in the dishwasher tonight.

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    Man, don't get rid of it! People would pay good money for those:lol::lol:

I'll bet you could sell them at a premium. You've just produced (inadvertently perhaps) a business plan for a successful small business:):)

run with it!

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    maybe try some brasso polish or neverdull? i know they are rubber grips...ive put some pretty harsh stuff on my rubber grips just make sure it doesnt stay on too long...it should come off ok....other than that i have no experience with the brass powder...could try just washing them in the sink with dawn dishwashing soap...i would be Leary on the dishwasher as it has heat and could warp them...

araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    Man, don't get rid of it! People would pay good money for those:lol::lol:

I'll bet you could sell them at a premium. You've just produced (inadvertently perhaps) a business plan for a successful small business:):)

run with it!

This may be the way to go...

Anyone want to buy some highly customized black rubber with brass speckling P226 grips? They took hours and hours to produce! Pictures to be posted later, potential buyers!

Luke 12:49

A Good Ole Boy
    Feb 18, 2009
    Culvert County
    Hoppes number 9 solvent...works on EVERYTHING!

It even works so well as to clean out the cuts on the hands/fingers from taking the gun apart!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom