• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Justin B.C.

Walken is a scary clown!!
    Dec 25, 2012
    I am worried about the language I keep hearing about how the bill was pulled so it can be revisited later this year... sounds to me like a second offensive, replete with backroom dealing and arm-twisting, is being planned.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Technically it's not pulled, he didn't withdraw it. Just put it on hold. I am worried about timing now. It is still a turd in the bowl that won't flush.

"Now Democratic leaders will have to overhaul the pending gun control bill to give it a chance of passing the Senate in diminished form."

Read more: http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...kground-checks-on-gun-purchases#ixzz2QrWclYvv

*** What's up with that Saudi being deported by order of POTUS??? ***

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I am worried about the language I keep hearing about how the bill was pulled so it can be revisited later this year... sounds to me like a second offensive, replete with backroom dealing and arm-twisting, is being planned.

Darn those nasty procedural tactics and ruses behind the headlines. That's what counts, not the headlines.

Justin B.C.

Walken is a scary clown!!
    Dec 25, 2012
    Technically it's not pulled, he didn't withdraw it. Just put it on hold. I am worried about timing now. It is still a turd in the bowl that won't flush.

*** What's up with that Saudi being deported by order of POTUS??? ***

Thanks for clearing up the language, I am still a noob in politi-speak. :) But yes, you have worded what my fear is... the bill is just waiting. This gives ample time for these folks to put pressure on the legislators...

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Thanks for clearing up the language, I am still a noob in politi-speak. :) But yes, you have worded what my fear is... the bill is just waiting. This gives ample time for these folks to put pressure on the legislators...

Or another event. Or worse... ( I will never acknowledge that tinfoil hat )

FireEngineer

Feb 11, 2012
    I'm going to go ahead and say that this isn't the "end" of the background checks. While I don't think that the current Congress would have passed it anyway, we need to watch POTUS for executive action. Not to mention the mid term elections...

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I'm going to go ahead and say that this isn't the "end" of the background checks. While I don't think that the current Congress would have passed it anyway, we need to watch POTUS for executive action. Not to mention the mid term elections...

If chuckles does some dumb stuff with his executive powers i would hope people stand up and get off this sit back and vote nonsense. Arm twisting votes is what will cause this crap to pass, its how we lost MD.

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009
    Does it really matter to those of us who live in Maryland? the fed bill was never as strong as the bill passed in Maryland.

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    It's interesting that they always use the term "gun safety". Gun safety is something that no one would have a problem with. The big lie is; what they really mean is they want to take everyone's legal guns away. They don't try to do anything that would after criminals or enforce the prosecution of criminals who use guns in crimes. If they want to find common ground with the NRA and gun owners and do something that made sense, they would be going after criminals not legal gun owners.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    Lets not kid ourselves you all KNOW they are salivating and waiting to hear what comes of the Boston bombings and the subsequent shoot out that just happened. If they can somehow twist this legislation and twist what happened in Boston they will.

Stratman60

Apr 6, 2013
    Calvert
    I think their going to have a hard time passing a gun bill that will restrict the rights of law abiding US citizens when there are Terrorists running around killing US citizens.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think their going to have a hard time passing a gun bill that will restrict the rights of law abiding US citizens when there are Terrorists running around killing US citizens.

That point is irrelevant the fact they had guns is the only thing that matters, facts don't matter when it comes to liberals and their endless attack on our rights(the 90% number then the 40% number). They will use and distort anything they can to further their agenda.

But right now we don't know how they acquired their weapons so I will hold judgment.

tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD

Yup. They're going to spend more time - and money - getting their supporters fired up before giving it another go.

Their fingers are crossed hoping that there will be another mass shooting soon so they can cover themselves in the blood and get back at it.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    While we can't ever discount the possibility of another Sandyhook, their only chance for getting that to pass will be in the immediate wake of another mass shooting. Once people come back to their senses after the initial emotional response, they realize that additional gun restrictions will never matter to criminals intent on doing harm.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    While we can't ever discount the possibility of another Sandyhook, their only chance for getting that to pass will be in the immediate wake of another mass shooting. Once people come back to their senses after the initial emotional response, they realize that additional gun restrictions will never matter to criminals intent on doing harm.

Sort of like New York when people were frothing at the mouth and in a frenzy thats about the best time to get it to pass

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom