• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    All are low post count agitators in this case.

Like the OP of this thread?

This all has the fingerprints of Bloomberg and Soros people. Everything from Governor Blackface declaring a state of emergency to the news stories to posts on this and other forums by anonymous "concerned citizens".

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Do riots happen that often that VA State Police have to buy one of these things?

More useful for other situations (barricades, retrieving a downed person out in the open when lead’s flying, that sorta thing). In a real riot situation, it’s slow and easily surrounded. Those armored fire hose turret trucks are better for big angry crowds. I agree - probably a budget use-it-or-lose-it procurement.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    A[Maryland]Farmer;5757854 said:
    It's funny, everyone bashed Concerned User's point of view, you ban him from your forum.
    Yet your tactics for preserving our rights in Maryland have been the opposite of successful.
    Where has being polite and petitioning the Democratic majority in Annapolis gotten us?
    Perhaps it is time to adopt their tactics. Perhaps it is time to make life for them uncomfortable. What was Maxine's line? When you see them in public shout them down and make them know they are not welcome here.

A[Maryland]Farmer;5758014 said:
    Taking the fight to their workplace, their homes, their places of leisure.
    Make these people so uncomfortable that they refuse to espouse their beliefs in public. Make being anti-gun as popular as being a communist in the 1950s.

The fundamental problem is the leftists simply don't care. The great people of Virginia elected to their house of delegates a disgraced state senator who was CONVICTED of child rape. Shaming people who have no sense of it will not work. They will point, laugh and say "see how YOU are acting? And you want guns??"

Sheila Dixon resigned as Baltimore's mayor in disgrace and what did she do earlier this week? Filed as a mayoral candidate. People with a conscience would shy away in embarrassment. Leftists wear their crimes as badges of honor. They have no shame for you to exploit.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The fundamental problem is the leftists simply don't care. The great people of Virginia elected to their house of delegates a disgraced state senator who was CONVICTED of child rape. Shaming people who have no sense of it will not work. They will point, laugh and say "see how YOU are acting? And you want guns??"

Sheila Dixon resigned as Baltimore's mayor in disgrace and what did she do earlier this week? Filed as a mayoral candidate. People with a conscience would shy away in embarrassment. Leftists wear their crimes as badges of honor. They have no shame for you to exploit.

This. All day long.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    A[Maryland]Farmer;5758102 said:
    Nothing to add, I am changed. As mentioned before your unwarranted personal attack. I will be holstering my extreme ideas for change and instead will use the old tried and true methods.

And apparently my WARRANTED personal attack WAS SPOT ON.
    Man it gets insane around here in January, they come out of the woodwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    So you contend using other tactics would be successful? Being rude, belligerent, threatening....which do you think will get is to the point where the Democratic Super-majority to give up? They don’t have to give up a damned thing. Thinking some other tactic will work shows a very naive view of power.

Let’s be honest about this ...Patriot Picket and MYSELF Included have used “rude and in your face tactics” for the cause. What do you think We Will Not Comply “ suggests? More patriots than handcuffs. Flush Frosh. Disturbing their events.

I’m all for these types of unreasonable tactics because honestly I’m not taking the erosion of my rights lightly.

The OP might have been off base on things. But calling that line of thinking naive is not accurate and we all know that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member

This man right here gets it

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Let’s be honest about this ...Patriot Picket and MYSELF Included have used “rude and in your face tactics” for the cause. What do you think We Will Not Comply “ suggests? More patriots than handcuffs. Flush Frosh. Disturbing their events.

I’m all for these types of unreasonable tactics because honestly I’m not taking the erosion of my rights lightly.

The OP might have been off base on things. But calling that line of thinking naive is not accurate and we all know that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have been there with the PP wearing a WWNC shirt. In your face? Yes. Belligerent and threatening? No.

Yes, calling legislators at home in the middle of the night, stalking their families etc. will backfire and is naive thinking.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    We will find differences in how the message gets delivered but what do any of us think will happen with a group of people that want our rights . I think the loud and in your face people are needed and required in any movement or group , then you may need the more diplomatic persons as well .

One will get the attention and one will maybe be able to deliver the point . Not one way will work , we need to hit it from all angles IMHO.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I agree...

We need the diplomats,
    We need the lawyers,
    We need the sign wavers,
    We need the letter writers,
    We need the interview personalities,
    We need the folks who can contribute money,
    We need the pot bangers,
    and we may in the end need folks willing to go to war.

Each of us serves the cause of liberty in our own way, according to our own values, and in conjunction with our own abilities. It bothers me a lot when we as a community get bogged down in the "you aren't doing it the "right" way arguments". There is no single tool in the tool box that will get us where we need to be. It takes the full range of activities, options, and patriots; each doing what they can.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    I agree...

We need the diplomats,
    We need the lawyers,
    We need the sign wavers,
    We need the pot bangers,

Each of us serves the cause of liberty in our own way, according to our own values, and in conjunction with our own abilities. It bothers me a lot when we as a community get bogged down in the "you aren't doing it the "right" way arguments". There is no single tool in the tool box that will get us where we need to be. It takes the full range of activities, options, and patriots; each doing what they can.

^Damn right. And we should be encouraging those who are bringing the energy to the fight. Sometimes that energy just needs directed in a positive manner. Excellent summary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    I have been there with the PP wearing a WWNC shirt. In your face? Yes. Belligerent and threatening? No.

Yes, calling legislators at home in the middle of the night, stalking their families etc. will backfire and is naive thinking.

Agree on stalking and harassment. Although harassment is a broad term.

But Ive also been to a MSI meeting where a particular gentleman up front spoke about and proposed Alinsky type tactics..... and our groups are certainly/appropriately looking at that playbook and picking and choosing methods.

The left has their playbook at it's working! And it's working OVER an armed citizenry. Just how far can they push and expect we stay polite and not fight like they do?

Can't you see why this mess in VA is escalating as such and would bring out folks anger and readiness to say "enough is enough?"

When people come on this board like the OP and we all gang up...it's not good for us. Missed an opportunity to take that passion and turn it for good.

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    I agree...

We need the diplomats,
    We need the lawyers,
    We need the sign wavers,
    We need the pot bangers,

Exactly right! And you know what!? If nobody is willing to go to war over this you are really just spouting and talking because that means if you end up losing...you just plan on handing over your guns. All talk. Bravo to Patriot Picket for framing this in that way with WWNC.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Agree on stalking and harassment. Although harassment is a broad term.

But Ive also been to a MSI meeting where a particular gentleman up front spoke about and proposed Alinsky type tactics..... and our groups are certainly/appropriately looking at that playbook and picking and choosing methods.

The left has their playbook at it's working! And it's working OVER an armed citizenry. Just how far can they push and expect we stay polite and not fight like they do?

Can't you see why this mess in VA is escalating as such and would bring out folks anger and readiness to say "enough is enough?"

When people come on this board like the OP and we all gang up...it's not good for us. Missed an opportunity to take that passion and turn it for good.

The Virginia mess isn’t for lack of Alinsky tactics, FFS. It’s because a pile of legislative seats in the state were won by Dems who DIDN’T EVEN HAVE AN OPPONENT IN THE RACE. It wasn’t about splitting hairs over what is or isn’t too confrontational or obnoxious. It’s about a whole lot of Virginia gun owners who were literally too lazy to vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom