• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ooootis

MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2023
    Calvert County
    Looking for books or software to determine velocity and drop over distances of any ammo and back shop math to support... I other words I wanna learn and BTW first post.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Looking for books or software to determine velocity and drop over distances of any ammo and back shop math to support... I other words I wanna learn and BTW first post.
    Strelok Pro app, Hornady 4DOF app, Federal Ammunition has a ballistic app as well. There are several in the Apple App store and Google Play store.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Strelok also has a free version on the Google Play Store, Hornady has a Free app too. I use both, depending on what ammo I am using.

The Hornady app has most, if not all of the Hornady manufactured ammo already loaded into it, so you don't have to know the BC or anything else to get the data you want.

Strelok requires a lot more info from you about the ammo you are using, because it doesn't contain any pre-loaded ammo profiles. I've found that Strelok is more customizable for the data that you can have presented to you on the ballistic tables it will produce. I can see flight time, energy, vertical and horizontal adjustment in MOA or Mils, vertical correction in inches, and a bunch more stuff.

I prefer Strelok for shooting when I go to PNTC, or if I need to get some quick holds before I go out in the field to hunt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom