• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    If that's what happened. I'm having trouble following this:

So he put the gun down next to the door. After becoming irate, he OPENED THE DOOR and picked up the gun again. So was he outside unarmed with the door closed behind him and the gun inside? If that's not the case, was he irate behind the closed door? He then opens the door and then goes for the gun? Earlier he opened the door holding the gun.

The story just doesn't add up for me.

Exactly what I was thinking. Too many holes in the story.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    This is an interesting thread. Did the media cover this? I didn't see anything about. They must have been terribly conflicted about how to proceed:

1.) Cover it because there is a group protesting the Governor they don't like and it might hurt his numbers coming on the eve of election day
    2.) Don't cover it because the protest if from a pro 2A, pro-gun group - can't be showing any kind of support for those guys!

I'm doing my best Google-fu - I don't see any media coverage of it.

FWIW, I'm against this law, and I completely agree that the implementation of it is awful, and that the death of this man was completely preventable.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    This is an interesting thread. Did the media cover this? I didn't see anything about. They must have been terribly conflicted about how to proceed:

1.) Cover it because there is a group protesting the Governor they don't like and it might hurt his numbers coming on the eve of election day
    2.) Don't cover it because the protest if from a pro 2A, pro-gun group - can't be showing any kind of support for those guys!

I'm doing my best Google-fu - I don't see any media coverage of it.

FWIW, I'm against this law, and I completely agree that the implementation of it is awful, and that the death of this man was completely preventable.

There wasn't any other than wbal reading somthing. There may have been a few more tidbits in the news but no on sight reporting.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I was just talking to some people and this came up, they all agreed the guy should have been shot dead. They said that a warrant was being served on the guy, he pulled a gun and they shot him. "The police wanted his guns and they got them" is one quote. No one could tell me what crime he had committed. General sentiment may well be that a bad guy is off the streets. I'm starting to think citizens like this law.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    I was just talking to some people and this came up, they all agreed the guy should have been shot dead. They said that a warrant was being served on the guy, he pulled a gun and they shot him. "The police wanted his guns and they got them" is one quote. No one could tell me what crime he had committed. General sentiment may well be that a bad guy is off the streets. I'm starting to think citizens like this law.

Unfortunately, it is all about optics (Press and other media presentation of events). If the individual didn't get irate and grabbed the weapon then this could have been different. He could have banned together and taken it to court.

But alas, the man will be pictured by some as a demented firearm wielding nut. The police will be pictured as corrupt individuals who's only desire is to shoot and kill individuals, and confiscate firearms like some goosestepping storm-troopers. Others will blame governor instead of the individuals that wrote and introduced the bill originally. Which in the end will make repealing the law or overturning it much, much harder.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker

And that is the danger , not really understanding what rights were lost before the bullets started flying .

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    Unfortunately, it is all about optics (Press and other media presentation of events). If the individual didn't get irate and grabbed the weapon then this could have been different. He could have banned together and taken it to court.

But alas, the man will be pictured by some as a demented firearm wielding nut. The police will be pictured as corrupt individuals who's only desire is to shoot and kill individuals, and confiscate firearms like some goosestepping storm-troopers. Others will blame governor instead of the individuals that wrote and introduced the bill originally. Which in the end will make repealing the law or overturning it much, much harder.

Hogan asked for the bill and forwarded a letter of support to a committee member. Someone has posted the letter on here. Certainly Hogan should share some of the blame, would't you think?

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012

Thing is that he wasn't being served a "warrant". ERPO is not the same as a warrant.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Not at all, he stands on what he believes is best for the 2A community, just like the rest of us. We may disagree, on the who right now, but I would bet that, even though we didn't vote for Hogan, RD would be right there to support us in anyway if we were to fall victim to the law in an unjust way. Yes, he will wait to hear all of the fact, but I have no doubt that if the facts reveal an unjust finding, he would be one of the first to support us.

Bet your ass on that... and Thank you sir. :thumbsup:

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Obviously some here are not Navy Seal material

Some on here have actually had bullets whizzing past their heads and stayed to get the job done anyway. And some just wouldn’t understand the feeling.

But, we can still respect the individual rights of others... since after all... we are a civil rights community.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Hogan asked for the bill and forwarded a letter of support to a committee member. Someone has posted the letter on here. Certainly Hogan should share some of the blame, would't you think?
    Some not sole. Don't you think?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    To those who attended, I appreciate your honesty and efforts.

Part of me wants to say, it was too early. We need to first, like others have opined, find out more of the situation and the person. Then I asked, why would I want to know that first?

The truth of the matter is, why do we need to know who he was? To judge him? And determine if he is worthy of support?

The dangerous facet of liberty is that one man's freedom could be your gripe.

Your honesty to protect the very fundamental issue which seemed to have put officers in a precarious spot, leading to an necessary death.. it doesn't matter if there was video or if it ends up being a good shoot.. as much as it didn't need to happen in the first place. And that is why I understand the Patriot Picket was out there last night. I applaud your honesty to the cause.

If it comes out this victim was X, Y or Z... white, black, brown ... LGBTQ+.... this petition allows an event to get very out of hand ... this seems like "swatting" signed into law.

Well stated.

We realize the potential for abuse of this law... and thereby the abuse of the rights of the persons named in the Responent field of the Order.

The control hungry left sells this as a means to protect lives.

Sadly, those who are in fear... react to their feelings and lash out from both sides of the issue.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012

Was Michael Brown shot for stealing cigars or for brandishing a firearm in front of a police officer? Gary Willis was shot because he went for his gun and apparently fired it. I dislike the law and I testified and protested against it. If there was no 1302 Gary Willis would still be alive today. That said, actions have consequences and his were ill advised and fatal.

I’ve had the police at my door at 11:30 PM. I went to the door with a gun in my hand, looked through the sidelight and saw it was the police, put the gun down on the foyer table and went outside to see what on earth they wanted. I guess I could’ve been smoked by them if I had turned around and grabbed my gun but why would I?
    Many here say “he got what he deserved” when it’s a dindu acting stupid on a traffic stop but now that this guy was pulled over for a red flag instead of a broken tail-light we are all up in arms. I AM up in arms over the law and him needlessly being killed but he himself holds some responsibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom