• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dippah

Feb 23, 2013
    Is this/will this be legal post 2023?
    I have an issue with my hand, do I need documentation?

Attachments

• 6D556A60-D170-471A-9F03-1A8B75FCFD96.jpeg
      6D556A60-D170-471A-9F03-1A8B75FCFD96.jpeg
      281.3 KB · Views: 111

shiza

Oct 16, 2020
    Carroll County
    It looks like that has a "stabilizing brace". Those are now classified as stocks according to the ATF, so after May 31st of this year it would not be legal unless it is attached to a SBR. If you live in MD your SBR needs to have an AOL of at least 29 inches, which I don't see this meeting. So unfortunately no if you live in MD.

Dippah

Feb 23, 2013
    It looks like that has a "stabilizing brace". Those are now classified as stocks according to the ATF, so after May 31st of this year it would not be legal unless it is attached to a SBR. If you live in MD your SBR needs to have an AOL of at least 29 inches, which I don't see this meeting. So unfortunately no if you live in MD.
    Thanks, sucks but I appreciate your quick reply

Dippah

Feb 23, 2013
    Thanks, sucks but I appreciate your quick reply
    Additionally can I prove my hand won’t allow me to grip the pistol? My finger, next to my pinky, was lacerated and doesn’t allow me to grip a pistol as strong as most. I can probably get a doctors note or something

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Additionally can I prove my hand won’t allow me to grip the pistol? My finger, next to my pinky, was lacerated and doesn’t allow me to grip a pistol as strong as most. I can probably get a doctors note or something
    Still no lol

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    It was deemed a stock as of 1/31/23. It’s ok to be on the firearm it you have submitted your form 1. If you have not submitted your form 1 it needs to be removed. There is no grace period other than the free form 1 ends May 31.
    Also the 29” rule does not apply to braced pistols.

motox79

May 24, 2010
    damascus
    It was deemed a stock as of 1/31/23. It’s ok to be on the firearm it you have submitted your form 1. If you have not submitted your form 1 it needs to be removed. There is no grace period other than the free form 1 ends May 31.
    Also the 29” rule does not apply to braced pistols.
    Could you clarify? I have an early KPOS that I would love to sbr. You’re telling me I can SBR my glocks so I can keep it here in Md?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom