• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clarksvilleal

Jul 28, 2019
    I have a new M&P 2.0 (full size, 4.25" barrel) with lower Picatinny rail that I am considering outfitting with a laser sight -- green, red or -- if they exist and work well -- one that is switchable between green and red.

Wondering if anyone here has put one on an M&P, but also would like to hear from anyone who has put one on any semi-automatic pistol using a lower Pic rail attachment. Would like recommendations on brands and types (if there are different types; I'm pretty ignorant on the subject). Not interested at this point with a combination laser sight / flash light, just the laser sight alone.

Thanks in advance for any inputs.

The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    LaserMax probably makes ones that is a form fit to the exact gun...it's what I use if I use a laser. They make it look like a regular extension of the gun. My SR22:

1669660655405.png

clarksvilleal

Jul 28, 2019
    Yeah, but it would become totally 100% mall ninja Chad ridiculous adding something else onto that...haha.
    Yes, I have to say that a thought something like that occurred to me. I couldn't envision even adding on a small light below that. And I doubt you'd ever find a holster that would work with it if you did add anything else on.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I have Viridian Light and laser Combo on M&P9 1st Gen and have and OWB and IWB holster that activates the laser the on draw and turns it off on re-holstering.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I have a new M&P 2.0 (full size, 4.25" barrel) with lower Picatinny rail that I am considering outfitting with a laser sight -- green, red or -- if they exist and work well -- one that is switchable between green and red.

Wondering if anyone here has put one on an M&P, but also would like to hear from anyone who has put one on any semi-automatic pistol using a lower Pic rail attachment. Would like recommendations on brands and types (if there are different types; I'm pretty ignorant on the subject). Not interested at this point with a combination laser sight / flash light, just the laser sight alone.

Thanks in advance for any inputs.
    Here is what I got came with the paddle holster for OWB

I got a Galco Kingtuk Delux that has a kydex shell that laso interacts with the laser/light button but it looks like Galco discontinued that holster compatible with the Viridian system

clarksvilleal

Jul 28, 2019
    Here is what I got came with the paddle holster for OWB

I got a Galco Kingtuk Delux that has a kydex shell that laso interacts with the laser/light button but it looks like Galco discontinued that holster compatible with the Viridian system

At this point I don't really want a combo Tactical Light & Laser, so I'm leaning toward the CMR-206 that erwos mentioned above. Also, I assume a combo unit it would make it more difficult to find a holster that works with it.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    At this point I don't really want a combo Tactical Light & Laser, so I'm leaning toward the CMR-206 that erwos mentioned above. Also, I assume a combo unit it would make it more difficult to find a holster that works with it.
    the combo is programmable but yes viridian looks to be the only maker of a holster that I recall, Galco used for most M&P Pistols and still does for the M&P Shield and viridian product. Galco's holster I have is Kydex Shell on leather so in theory kydex just has to be shaped to trigger the light/laser on the draw and re-holster.

Looks like Viridian is selling the Galcos direct from their website

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Hey! Search function found this thread.

Decided to try the CMR 206 based on the above.

I also am not looking for a combo laser/light. I don't want to have to point with the pistol to see what's happening plus (rightly or wrongly) I think it would be easier to track back to me. I intend to have a separate flashlight I can hold away from me if the need arises.

@clarksvilleal did you get the 206?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom