• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Truthlesshero81

Sep 30, 2011
    I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a Vortex Strike Eagle, I need suggestions for a good, reasonably priced mount. Does not need to be QD but wouldn't mind having that feature.

Looking for real users input.

Rifle is a Sig M400 AR with a fixed front post and folding read sight. It's my current SHTF go gun.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    If you are looking for a decent mount, that won't break the bank, take a look at the Burris P.E.P.R. mount. You can get it as a regular mount or a QD mount. I am running the P.E.P.R. on all rifles with a 1913 rail, that need a scope.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    If you are looking for a decent mount, that won't break the bank, take a look at the Burris P.E.P.R. mount. You can get it as a regular mount or a QD mount. I am running the P.E.P.R. on all rifles with a 1913 rail, that need a scope.

Similar here, P.E.P.R. on all my ARs.

freebird

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 11, 2013
    For QD, I recently settled on the Burris PEPR. I'm happy with it but it's not perfect. As tight as it will go, I can grab the scope/rail and (with some effort) slide it forward/aft on the upper maybe 1/32". I've tried it on other uppers with same results. A few minutes with the Dremel to shorten the 'stops' that limit how far down the adjustment nuts can go will likely fix this. But, I'm not sure how important this really is for my use (I don't expect a 1/4" MOA).

That said, I really like being able to easily remove/attach the scope, mostly for ease of transport. A scoped gun really takes up space in the gun carrying case.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I use non QD Pepr mounts on my rifles. QD is not worth the hassle if you have a wheeler fat wrench. Everything is QD when you have the correct tools in your range bag. freebird have you adjusted the locking wheel on the back? Those have alot more adjustment than where they 'stop'. You sometimes have to force them but you can get some more out of them.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Not sure how reasonable priced you want to go or how much quality, but this is pretty well reviewed and a couple of ounces lighter than the PEPR

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00Q...AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=cccp+scope+mount

I just ordered one to mount up a Bushnell trophy XLT 3-9x40 on my AR-15. I can tell you rough quality in a couple of days, though the scope was a Black Friday deal from PSA, so I am guessing I won't see it for a couple of weeks which means I won't be shooting it till probably around Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom