• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    That's a fancy one. I prefer the solid nylon type. It's been my experience through the years that actual rollers tend to be a little more noisy than than solid plastic or nylon types. Keep a coat of string wax on the guide bar for smooth operation.

YMMV

Amazon product ASIN B0009TRP6O
    Amazon product ASIN B00BM4676Y
    Thanks. I just ordered the second one that you posted.

I was spending some time with my oldest daughter yesterday shooting targets in the backyard. Went to get my arrows out of the block and when I got back I could no longer draw my bow more than halfway and the arrow kept popping off. At first, I thought that maybe I just hit the wall with my shoulders, but after trying a couple more times I knew I had the strength to draw the bow. Took me a couple of minutes to figure out what happened.

The more crap one has, the more stuff there is to break and maintain.

Put a damper on our shooting session, but she was already being eaten by bugs. Me, I was surprised I could draw the bow 10 times. Could have probably gone another 10 times. Could barely draw it once in the spring. I guess working out with my son and 10 year old over the spring and summer actually paid off.

Thanks again.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

I was spending some time with my oldest daughter yesterday shooting targets in the backyard. Went to get my arrows out of the block and when I got back I could no longer draw my bow more than halfway and the arrow kept popping off. At first, I thought that maybe I just hit the wall with my shoulders, but after trying a couple more times I knew I had the strength to draw the bow. Took me a couple of minutes to figure out what happened.

Put a damper on our shooting session, but she was already being eaten by bugs. Me, I was surprised I could draw the bow 10 times. Could have probably gone another 10 times. Could barely draw it once in the spring. I guess working out with my son and 10 year old over the spring and summer actually paid off.

Thanks again.
    Yes sir!

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Sidebar:

One time I was shooting (I used to shoot a LOT) and all of the sudden my bow started shooting a little high. I looked over the bow and after a few minutes I realized the little rubber isolator/silencer came off of the lower part of the string. So that part was moving faster than the upper part and causing high impacts. So I thought, well if that little bit sped the bow up that much, I'll take off the upper one too! I did, and the bow shot faster. Wish I had a chrono to verify the difference, but I had to re-set all my pins. Never looked back. Never felt any noticeable difference in vibration or noise either.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD

Thanks again.
    Last year working through an injury I hadn’t pulled my bow for a year. I went to practice and I could get 3 pulls and that was it. Went back a few days later and only 2. Dropped it to 60lbs and worked my way back to 70. This year I’ve made it a point to practice weekly in my basement so I wouldn’t be so unprepared come season. I really enjoy shooting my bow but it’s easy to forget about it when it’s not right in front of you. Good luck this season

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Last year working through an injury I hadn’t pulled my bow for a year. I went to practice and I could get 3 pulls and that was it. Went back a few days later and only 2. Dropped it to 60lbs and worked my way back to 70. This year I’ve made it a point to practice weekly in my basement so I wouldn’t be so unprepared come season. I really enjoy shooting my bow but it’s easy to forget about it when it’s not right in front of you. Good luck this season
    This was the first time I drew my bow 7 months after major shoulder surgery. I credit my PT people for this...

IMG_20160815_172601.jpg

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    This was the first time I drew my bow 7 months after major shoulder surgery. I credit my PT people for this...

View attachment 433839
    Having a great doctor and a great physical therapist is key. I used to discount all this stuff, even while working in the personal injury field 24/7. Whiplash, back pain, etc., was complete BS until I experienced it myself. Old age, just an excuse. Now, it is my excuse.

Here I am 7 years after my Achilles surgery, and if it wasn't for dbledoc and my pt friend/client, I doubt I would be out there riding and running with my kids on the soccer fields. Still nowhere near as fast as I used to be, and I blame that on the Achilles injury and not getting older. lol I was telling a buddy of mine about my son smoking me in the 40 and the 100, and he told me, "You are as fast as you are every going to be going forward." I wanted to slap him and tell him that I have yet to begin working out for speed. However, he is pretty much spot on.

Good luck hunting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom