• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ken Stanka

Mar 6, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    Does MD have a recall of state officials? And can it be invoked based on job performance?

I see this has been done in many other states some successful and some not.

Just wondering if this is something we could consider for O'malley and a few of the delegates/senators. From the legal-eese on the board, is recall practical?

Ken Stanka

Mar 6, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    Robert, if you force them to spend campaign funds on a recall and then another campaign in 14.... well, we have some potential to weaken them for 14 with a recall.

Ken Stanka

Mar 6, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    Thanks cjroman.

The point of this post is still valid. Despite how hard everyone worked we attacked SB281 like an arrow, on a single front by contacting politicians. It wasnt until the end that we understood we needed to attack like a pitch fork on multiple fronts (lesson learned and lets make sure we dont forget it).

With that said and in my humble opinion, we should still keep doing the things we are with protesting anti-2A business, contacting politicians, providing increased funding to MSI, SAF....

But we should also be thinking outside of the box to make life as miserable as possible for those that oppose civil rights.

Just my .02

cjroman

Apr 4, 2012
    Calvert County
    Thanks cjroman.

The point of this post is still valid. Despite how hard everyone worked we attacked SB281 like an arrow, on a single front by contacting politicians. It wasnt until the end that we understood we needed to attack like a pitch fork on multiple fronts (lesson learned and lets make sure we dont forget it).

With that said and in my humble opinion, we should still keep doing the things we are with protesting anti-2A business, contacting politicians, providing increased funding to MSI, SAF....

But we should also be thinking outside of the box to make life as miserable as possible for those that oppose civil rights.

Just my .02

Totally agree on the multi faceted approach.

The biggest thing we need is centralized leadership, tactics and a overall plan/goals.

cjroman

Apr 4, 2012
    Calvert County
    I would suggest MSI is that leadership, but they need help. :thumbsup:

I totally agree that MSI is the best to lead. I'm an MSI member myself. I am also a DINO as of Feb 13.

We need to organize down to the county or district level to be successful.

The DINO and Alamo concepts need to be the halmarks. This is where the county and district level organization will pay off.

We also need to generate our own DINO candidates. For example, my Senator is Mike Miller. He has run unopposed in the primary since forever. We need someone to run as against him as a Democrat. I would but I can't due to Hatch Act. It starts with having people to actively challenge ALL incumbants who trodded on our rights.

The challenge is to get everyone on the same message.

Ken Stanka

Mar 6, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    +1 on the leadership.

Everyone regardless if they are a leader has ideas, bring them to the table. Someone smarter than me can figure out which are good and bad and then leadship can follow through on the execution of those.

So come forth with the ideas.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Thanks cjroman.

Just my .02

Correct, but the house committees were combined so they could be stacked against us. Without the special combination, there would have been a REAL chance of this not getting out of committee at all. The next fight is the house floor, which is not as stacked as the combined committees

Ken Stanka

Mar 6, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    Correct, but the house committees were combined so they could be stacked against us. Without the special combination, there would have been a REAL chance of this not getting out of committee at all. The next fight is the house floor, which is not as stacked as the combined committees

That may be so Mark, I asked in another thread if it had a chance of being turned down in the house. I already understood it had to go to full house.

But to me, it is insane we even have to have this conversation. Our rights should not be on the table for the politicians to negotiate. My personal goal is to end the career of anyone who thinks they are and to ensure like-minded individuals never make it to office.

This to me isn’t only about SB281, its also about illegal aliens have the right to a license, its about the 20cent per gallon tax increase on gas to pay for omalleys theft of funds from retirement to support his irresponsible spending, its about the CCW, its about the mentality that it is OK to drive business and revenue from this state, its about the 20% increase in my state tax over the last 3 years, its about using tax payer $ to keep people using welfare on welfare for their vote, its about our unemployment rate and the overall unethical leadership of this state.

Sorry for the rant bro, but I am really sick of how this state is being run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom