• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PMD354

Does anyone know where I can have my barrel swapped out on my old Mossberg 340 KA 22 S-L-LR. I purchased a barrel from Numrich, (even though the one that came is 6 inches shorter than the one that is on it now). I was hoping that it just screwed in and all I had to do was thread one off and put the other one on. It is pressed in and the bottom of both barrels have a notch where when seated the fitting that holds the stock to the action assures that it stays aligned. The fitting comes out easy but I couldn't get the barrel to budge. Before anyone says BNP in Essex, he told me that he didn't have the equipment to do it. Even though the barrel is shorter that doesn't matter, it's long enough. I know someone is thinking why bother but the thing is that I won this rifle from a buddy when I was 16. That was 43 years ago. My buddy has just passed away and I would like to get the rifle in working order in his memory. I live in Baltimore couny, Essex area.

Thanks

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Yes, that is correct we don't do any real smith work any more. Most times we send people to nhp outdoors on backriver neck road. Chip down there is a pretty easy guy to deal with.

I also recomand Badgersmith up in Belair Dave is one hell of a smith, a real artist in wood and steel. Dave is also a member her on mds. If Lord Chad had not hung up his appron I would always recomend him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom